What's new
What's new

Kluber Isoflex special A for motor?

ripperj

Stainless
Acer is telling me that the Baldor Super E motor on my Acer knee mill needs Kluber grease at $120 a tube, I know that’s what the spindle bearings take, but I wouldn’t think the motor would need it. The grease costs more than new bearing!, they are just 6206 and 6205.
Does this sound right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dunno what is in Kluber, but it was called out for something on my DMG

German tech came in to install the updated central lube[negating the need for the Kluber] he needed to prime the lines. Grabbed the factory grease gun and squirted the contents into the trash. About lost it. I mean, I didn't need it anymore, but it was a hundred bucks!

Maybe call Baldor?

They are bragging on the efficiency, maybe it is about that

Disregard, they sent me another email, now they recommend Mobil Polyura Blue at $10 a tube :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Acer is telling me that the Baldor Super E motor on my Acer knee mill needs Kluber grease at $120 a tube, I know that’s what the spindle bearings take, but I wouldn’t think the motor would need it. The grease costs more than new bearing!, they are just 6206 and 6205.
Does this sound right?

Given that many folks "pack" rolling-element bearings CHOCK FULL when they are generally meant to have a third (or less) that much grease, a $50 mini of Kluber might well serve BOTH spindle and motor.

That is not necessary (for either, really..) but it may be wiser than not.

Kluber greases have earned a reputation for significantly longer at-spec working life w/r the inevitable age degradation than is otherwise much the same, one alternative to another.

The $$ payback could be in labour and downtime savings @ roughly double the intervals between service.

Mind .. it could take 40 years and good time and cost records-keeping to be sure which one came out cheaper...

:)

Back