What's new
What's new

knurling pattern aid-demonstrator-prop-model-gauge

wood337

Plastic
In our shop we had (lost) a piece of square bare with many sizes of knurling cut on it. It was used to gauge, measure, demonstrate, all the different kinds of knurling.

It was about 1 inch square by 12" long (as I recall) Ours was a yellow-zinc color. It sort of looked like a square thread chasing file, just bigger. It was a professionally made thing like from Starrett or maybe a sales aid, etc.

Does anyone know where to get one..........or even what it's actually called?

Thank you

Yer sure it wasn't just a large size thread chasing file?

When you say knurling, I think more diamond-y patterns than linear, though I know you can knurl lines.

Thanks Trev,

It was, indeed a gauge/sampler type of thing.

I think it had at least 8 different diamond knurl patterns on it....some big, some small, some pointed, some flat.

I'd post a pic but if I could find a pic on Google then I'd just click and buy another, lol (can't find a pic using any search engine or word combination).

We had two at our shop, one for the machinists and one for the field rep. My brother had one on his desk in his machine shop and a fiend had one in his shop............they must have been quite common at one time.

Talk to the guys at Accu-Trak... If anyone would know how to find one, it'd be them. They're very responsive to email.

Thanks Trev,

It was, indeed a gauge/sampler type of thing.

I think it had at least 8 different diamond knurl patterns on it....some big, some small, some pointed, some flat.

I'd post a pic but if I could find a pic on Google then I'd just click and buy another, lol (can't find a pic using any search engine or word combination).

We had two at our shop, one for the machinists and one for the field rep. My brother had one on his desk in his machine shop and a fiend had one in his shop............they must have been quite common at one time.

The word for similar tools that I know of, is "Comparator", like the surface finish or casting roughness comparators out there that you can hold up to your work and compare the finish to see if you are better or worse than.

You could do worse than to start with "knurl comparator" or "knurling comparator" in your searching.

Good-day all,
So this is kinda on the line of the tread, I am an amateur beekeeper and have long lusted for a pair of wax impression rollers and while they can be bought,.... that defeats the make-it-yourself me

Our Bees need a wall to wall hex pattern of 4.89-4.91 mm hex raised portion with the ribs being hollow so that on a wax imprint the cell edges are raised about a 1 mm

Does anyone know how I can figure out how to do it.....Please

Back