What's new
What's new

Krylon spray pant shortage?

dkmc

Diamond
Is Krylon spray paint stuck in the container ships too?
Not much if any at Wally world or the box stores. Lowes only has Rustoleum and no primary colors, just those disgusting pastel shades with names like lemon and coffee. I'm looking for some quick drying Krylon in yellow and green primary colors. I'm guessing Krylon spray paint is made in the USA and not coming from China?

Plenty out here, what do you need ?

Did your local hardware stores get taken over by interior decorators ? :D

Thought I saw a bunch at O'Reilly's, try an auto parts store ? Tru-Value has a fair amount of Krylon too. Don't know if you have those back to the hinterlands tho ... does seem like Rustoleum is taking over.

Funny you would mention that about the paint. I was in Wally World the other day and happened to notice that the shelves in the spray paint department were almost empty. They usually have a very good selection of colors and is kind of my go to place for rattle cans.

Don't know if it's true and don't want to start a rumor but I read on another forum that NY was going to lower the VOC standards in January. I see that you are in NY. I'm seeing the same thing around here. Maybe the stores want to clear out stock the can't sell next month? Bob

You made me curious, so I did some Googling. Apparently Krylon is actually owned/manufactured by Sherwin-Williams, and is indeed made in the US. That said, they could still be experiencing supply chain shortages on other components, such as the cans themselves, or the molded caps/spray tips, etc... Because let's face it, most big manufacturers outsource that kind of stuff, and who makes really cheap molded componenents?

Nothing new. Spraypaint manufacturers haven't been able to keep up with Portland's demand since 2020.

And recall Joe gave them a 25% increase on their cards, so more to buy paint with....

It was mostly said in jest. Portland's always had a ton of spray paint art. Most of it's pretty awesome. It's a big part of the city.

I think there's been a small increase in the unskilled tagging shit, but mostly I think the problem is that the Oregon's department of corrections locked down all the inmates who used to pick up trash and paint over the ugly spray paintings.

The dept of corrections hands were tied. Inmates are quite litigious.

People that live here have stopped waiting for the end of covid restrictions and cleaning up the trash and painting over ugly stuff on their own.

I don't know if there is a shortage of Krylon. Haven't seen it in the local hardware stores for quite a while but figured that might be a cost/pricing issue where they can buy other brands cheaper.

Not much if any at Wally world or the box stores. Lowes only has Rustoleum and no primary colors, just those disgusting pastel shades with names like lemon and coffee. I'm looking for some quick drying Krylon in yellow and green primary colors. I'm guessing Krylon spray paint is made in the USA and not coming from China?

Or is there some ingredients that are being held up to slow down the paint processing. Paint from China?

speaking of buying spray paint at wally world, I had to wait for a supervisor to approve the paint I bought, apparently they must think I will go and tag a few local businesses with it. :crazy:

speaking of buying spray paint at wally world, I had to wait for a supervisor to approve the paint I bought, apparently they must think I will go and tag a few local businesses with it. :crazy:
I got carded at Rite-Aid the other day. Talk about ridiculous ... Don't carry the passport around so had to have a supervisor approve me.

Cashiers don't seem to be given much discretion these days ...

Just got back from Lowes. All spray paint was in short supply. More empty slots than I've ever seen. Same at Home Depot, and an independent paint store here in Burbank.

I asked the cashier if there is a paint shortage and she said yes.

Chuck
Burbank, CA

Just got back from Lowes. All spray paint was in short supply. More empty slots than I've ever seen. Same at Home Depot, and an independent paint store here in Burbank.

I asked the cashier if there is a paint shortage and she said yes.

Chuck
Burbank, CA

This is not a true snapshot for the whole country.

Kalifornia enacted more "Climate Change Laws" under cover of darkness, causing the supply chain problems, we can predict that they did something with consumer spray paint as well.

Back