What's new
What's new

Kurt D40 vise dimension

Coppermine Kid

Plastic
Hello everyone,
I picked up an import knockoff of a 4 inch Kurt D40 angle lock vise at a garage sale for a very good price. It appeared in very good condition and operated smoothly. When I got it home I disassembled it for a thorough inspection. Not surprisingly I found a fair amount of the internal threads in the "Nut" that drives the adjustable jaw were chipped out.
I would like to purchase a new nut from Kurt but I need to know if it will fit in-between the the base's top slide rails.
If anyone out there owns a Kurt D40 and could measure this distance for me it would be greatly appreciated.
PS - I compared the Enco vise I have with a drawing of a Kurt D40 and all the critical dimensions appear to be the same. Unfortunately no "nut" dimensions or the distance between the jaw slides are shown. Most likely the Kurt nut will fit the Enco vise but I'd hate to spend the money for the part and have a major fitment problem.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Thanks Iwana...
A very valid point. My thought was that if the Enco screw could not be used I would machine a new one (including modifications for thrust bearings like the Kurt).

Thanks

Back