What's new
What's new

Kurt D675 v Kurt D688

evanthayer

Aluminum
Hi All,

I recently acquired a Bridgeport 2J that included a Kurt brand vise. It is labelled as a D675. I sent the serial number to Kurt to inquire about age, etc. They replied back that my serial comes up as a D688. Can someone confirm their advice, and advise on what the difference is between the D675 and D688?

Thanks.

Evan

IMG_7604.jpg
IMG_7605.jpg

I think the only real difference is the capacity. 675 is 7.5" and 688 is 8.8" AFAIK. That one sure looks like a 675 to me. They probably have their records narfed - send them a pic of the S/N tag.

The model numbers seem to be pretty transparent. 675 = 6" jaw width and 7.5" opening while 688 = 6" jaw width and 8.8" opening.

It wouldn't take but a second to check the maximum jaw opening. Wouldn't that settle the question of which model it is?

EPAIII that would totally settle it! I threw my calipers on it and it is clearly a D675 with 6" width and 7.5" opening. It also clearly says D675 on the serial tag? I think I am going to give Anne from Kurt some peace and move on... I'll also order the D675 rebuild kit.

Back