What's new
What's new

KURT. made in China?

Bubba73

Plastic
I got a magnetic parallel set that included another pair of Kurt 6" jaws in it. I open the shipping box and bang. A made in China sticker on the Kurt red box. Look like this is the last Kurt vise and products I will ever buy. Don't know why the pics are sideways. See the sticker in the first pic.

Attachments

• KURT 2.jpg
    KURT 2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 692
  • KURT 1.jpg
    KURT 1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 586
Were they sold as actual "Kurt" jaws, or are they just the same size as a kurt jaw? I don't see "KURT" anywhere on the box. oops, except for the big kurt emblem embossed in the lid of the box.

I just bought a couple new kurt vises a couple weeks ago, and they still have "USA" cast into the bottom.

Were they sold as actual "Kurt" jaws, or are they just the same size as a kurt jaw? I don't see "KURT" anywhere on the box. oops, except for the big kurt emblem embossed in the lid of the box.

I just bought a couple new kurt vises a couple weeks ago, and they still have "USA" cast into the bottom.

Look more closely at the molded in logo...

I just bought a 6” Kurt a few weeks ago, the packaging says USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The part # is wrong.. Try googling "kurt 6pjk" and you get NOTHING.

"Kurt 6pjs" the results are a little different.
Even MSC. 6pjs. BOOM... Kurt.
6pjk NOTHING..

Was this an e-bay thing??? How much did you pay??

Did you buy a Mitutogo indicator for $10 while you were there???

The other thing.. The Kurt 6PJS is 11 pieces. 10 parallels and ONE jaw.

Looks like there are 2 jaws and 6 parallels in that box.

They are a business, not a political party.

Prezactly so.

Dunno if they are "genuine" or not. But if Kurt finds they meet their QC honestly enough to ship with a Kurt logo AND a "Made in China" sticker on the same box?

Tells me it is more likely that Chinese quality - at the very least on THESE GOODS - is more likely to have risen to meet Kurt's QC than that Kurt has lowered the bar.

Time was, New Englanders would not buy goods that had been "outsourced" to North Carolina, either.

:)

Here is the set on the Kurt website, Parallel Jaw Plate Set, 6"
no mention of country of origin. I f___'n hate it when you buy something from an American company and find out it was made in china! If you notice there is nothing saying these were made in china, if you are going to sell chinese stuff, at least be proud enough of the product to state country of origin in the ad. Might as well order them of aliexpress for a fraction of the cost.

The part # is wrong.. Try googling "kurt 6pjk" and you get NOTHING.

"Kurt 6pjs" the results are a little different.
Even MSC. 6pjs. BOOM... Kurt.
6pjk NOTHING..

Was this an e-bay thing??? How much did you pay??

Did you buy a Mitutogo indicator for $10 while you were there???

The other thing.. The Kurt 6PJS is 11 pieces. 10 parallels and ONE jaw.

Looks like there are 2 jaws and 6 parallels in that box.

Here is the link Parallel Jaw Plate Set, 6" Any more insults or garbage. The set was purchased DIRECTLY from Kurt.

Interesting, BOTOH and just my opinion , when compared to Kurts other prices, and other genuine Made in USA M/C tool accessories, for 3 sets of parallels and those special jaws, $132 is very much on the low side.

I'm not saying it's right, but you only get what you pay for in this life.

There's a "Review" button in that webpage, you could back up your outrage by placing a "made in China!" comment in it. Would be interesting to see how long Kurt would allow a negative review to stay there.

There's a "Review" button in that webpage, you could back up your outrage by placing a "made in China!" comment in it. Would be interesting to see how long Kurt would allow a negative review to stay there.

Just wrote a review. When you try and post it,,,,, Guess what. It wont post. I think Kurt disabled the review for that item.

Here is the link Parallel Jaw Plate Set, 6" Any more insults or garbage. The set was purchased DIRECTLY from Kurt.

Yes, actually.

You came in PM's door the "sensationalist", slamming both Kurt and China.

What you HAVE NOT YET told us is what Kurt said or did when you contacted KURT and told them you were surprised and disappointed.

I've been a Service Manager or had oversight of it. More than one Company. 150 million or more. I would have an answer for you you might be pleased with. And another if you still were unhappy.

If, OTOH, you had decided to bad-mouth my company on a public forum FIRST without ever BOTHERING to ask what we might do to "get it right for you"?

You would have a full refund, RMA for UPS back, no cost to you, and perhaps $20 for your effort of re-sealing the carton or providing a suitable one.

You would also not have to worry about ever buying my product again.

You would be listed HQ and dealer alike as a known unfavourably biased, back-biting, bad-mouthing, hostile entity of the potentially "blackmail" risk class. Your business unwanted.

Kurt does not come under my authority. I have no idea what they might do or offer.

Apparently.. neither do YOU.

And you should have already made that contact.

I just left a review too, it might be that it goes to a moderator before posting. Check again next week to see if anything's been listed, but I won't be surprised if they don't.

Yes, actually.

You came in PM's door the "sensationalist", slamming both Kurt and China.

What you HAVE NOT YET told us is what Kurt said or did when you contacted KURT and told them you were surprised and disappointed.

I've been a Service Manager or had oversight of it. More than one Company. 150 million or more. I would have an answer for you you might be pleased with. And another if you still were unhappy.

If, OTOH, you had decided to bad-mouth my company on a public forum FIRST without ever BOTHERING to ask what we might do to "get it right for you"?

You would have a full refund, RMA for UPS back, no cost to you, and perhaps $20 for your effort of re-sealing the carton or providing a suitable one.

You would also not have to worry about ever buying my product again.

You would be listed HQ and dealer alike as a known unfavourably biased, back-biting, bad-mouthing, hostile entity of the potentially "blackmail" risk class. Your business unwanted.

Kurt does not come under my authority. I have no idea what they might do or offer.

Apparently.. neither do YOU.

And you should have already made that contact.

Kurt has not replied to my email regarding this. Well the first thing they could do is let their customer know where the product is made. They have no problem screaming that their stuff is US made. So why not tell everyone if you carry stuff thats not US made BEFORE you buy. As for a company telling me not to buy from them, well if that is what Kurt finally tells me thats fine. I wont be buying anything else from them anyway. The same goes for any company that would say that to a customer.

Back