What's new
What's new

Lablond Makino Regal Servoshift help.

DennisGa1

Plastic
We've got a 15 X 54 Lablond Regal lathe and it won't go into gear past 494 RPM. All gears from 494 down work. When you try to go higher than 494, the spindle stops oscillating. I've checked the microswitch behind the gear shift knob and that's ok but not sure where to look next. I don't have a repair manual but I'm thinking there must be a switch in the valve body because the only thing that is moved when trying to shift gears is the shift knob. If anyone has any advice on where to look to remedy this problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Dennis

Take the cover off the left side and tell us what is happening when you try to shift gears. Does the hydraulic pump start when you try to shift into the higher gears like it does with the lower gears?

The spindle can be rolled by hand to shift gears.

take the sheet metal cover off under the shift knob. There's two plastic cams that do the shifting. At least one is broken. they are available and rather affordable.

Dave

Thank you for your response. I first took the front plate off below the shift knob and there wasn't anything out of place. We took the and cover off and bingo, the belt to the high speed gears was snapped. Not sure why the spindle doesn't oscillate though but we're going to figure out what belt we need and go from there. Thanks to you and Seaman (Dave) for the direction!

Back