lack of professional machinist in sub forums - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie_obe View Post
    Termite pollutes every topic he posts in ....
    He's managed (so far) to avoid this one. Maybe he's wised up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post

After 22 posts, the non-participant is looking like the better man today.

How long can he hold on though?

I picture Roger Rabbit hearing "Shave and a haircut ............ "
    With steam pressure building.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 3t3d View Post
    I picture Roger Rabbit ...
    "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way"

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Used to get my hair trimmed by a happy young lady named Jessica.....

I teased her about some JR connection.

Then I apologized.
    "I know you are not a cartoon character. Sorry."
    "You are not drawn. You're just bad that way."

she was fun to tease.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wondering who you mean, about the troll. Got some ideas anyways.
    I do heavy maintenance and own a SB, so I'm in the SB forums every now and then. Even though you don't see those projects here, I've made tools and parts for the guys at work (day job) every now and then. No use for a CNC in that line of work cuz yer only gonna make one part, and most of the time you don't have a drawing or anything else.

Its kinda weird because if you ask anyone else, the boss man will say we don't have any machinists on the payroll. And technically, thats true. Everybody in my shop is just "maintenance" with various specialties they brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post
    I make money being a repair guy, I dont care what anyone thinks about me, and never have, I make bank without faking being nice. No CNC, Harley Davidson factory certified tech, and pro Monarch 10ee lathe driver.
    The forum troll has acted outside of this forum, has made death threats, and I will continue to shit down his neck at every opportunity. Best to be aware of who you decide to fuck with.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    I always think of that cartoon Spy vs Spy
    when I read posts here. LOL

-D
    Holie shyte, you too? I thought I was the only one..... LOL thats awesome, man!!!

7. Likes DrHook, bigyogi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 3t3d View Post
    After 22 posts, the non-participant is looking like the better man today.
    How long can he hold on though?
    I can see the image in termite-land: "must NOT touch KEYBOARD must STAY AWAY must not look at COMPUTER..."

we're so proud of him today.

9. Likes reggie_obe, awander, mllud22 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Maybe he is recovering from the current wave of covid... Then comes back with a vengeance...

Subject:

I went to a shop as a individual and repaired a Hardinge lathe brake. The owner's brother said for years the
    spindle brake did not work good. I asked him for a adjustable wrench and opened the access door. Ah ha.

If I was a shop guy that didn't have time to dick around with machines and then there was the individual
    who has been in and out on the same machine for a decade. Who is going to be the listener?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I make money being a repair guy, I dont care what anyone thinks about me, and never have, I make bank without faking being nice. No CNC, Harley Davidson factory certified tech, and pro Monarch 10ee lathe driver.
    The forum troll has acted outside of this forum, has made death threats, and I will continue to shit down his neck at every opportunity. Best to be aware of who you decide to fuck with.
    Son, that hates gonna burn you up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes donie .
    There is a lack of professionalism or respect.
    Park yourself as needed.

13. Likes awander, AARONT, M.B. Naegle, barbter, DrHook and 1 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    Son, that hates gonna burn you up.
    It keeps me warm...

15. Likes Gobo, barbter, reggie_obe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Termite is too busy over in the for sale isle buying up Procunier tapping heads for his shop. He pasted his remarks about this thread over there.... Does he have a shop???

17. Likes reggie_obe liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Generally, professionals don't worry about what other people are doing, nor what everybody else thinks about them on a message forum. I find this sort of thread a bit counterproductive if you are trying to show professionalism...

19. Likes pavt, awander, chuckg7442, pr0xify, GregSY and 13 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gotta love the CNC vs manual divide. IMHO, a true machinist will be able to fix or make whatever is required of them, regardless of the equipment used. They should be able to take a print, or even take measurements off of a broken part and reproduce it on either. The most important tool should be between their ears. Though I will say learning the fundamentals on manual machines first,then taking the knowledge to the CNC is the best approach.

21. Likes M.B. Naegle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, its the piece of shit "termite" a professional writer, not a machinist at all! The termite has a pile of old junk machines, and is addicted to posting 24/7 on this forum. People are afraid of him for good reason, he will do anything to damage you, or your business if you cross him, he has full access to everyone information on this forum, and has helpers. He has been successful running everyone he wants off except me, a former Harley Davidson dealer, he seems to have hit a brick wall there! I ll Take a challenge from a Gym Shoes Geek anytime.

The latest incident, a fellow buys a Monarch ee, and it has the vacuum tubes. He goes to the Monarch forum for advice, and gets bad advice, poor guy ends up damaging his machine from the hobby crowd worthless non sense, because the termite and the dickless moderator had run all the professionals off to make themselves look better. All that is left is people with the old old machines because the termite and his Monarch shit show cant afford good machines. They formed a serious circle jerk that will take a fire hose to break up!

23. Likes reggie_obe, SIP6A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, its the piece of shit "termite" a professional writer, not a machinist at all! The termite has a pile of old junk machines, and is addicted to posting 24/7 on this forum. People are afraid of him for good reason, he will do anything to damage you, or your business if you cross him, he has full access to everyone information on this forum, and has helpers. He has been successful running everyone he wants off except me, a former Harley Davidson dealer, he seems to have hit a brick wall there! I ll Take a challenge from a Gym Shoes Geek anytime.

The latest incident, a fellow buys a Monarch ee, and it has the vacuum tubes. He goes to the Monarch forum for advice, and gets bad advice, poor guy ends up damaging his machine from the hobby crowd worthless non sense, because the termite and the dickless moderator had run all the professionals off to make themselves look better. All that is left is people with the old old machines because the termite and his Monarch shit show cant afford good machines. They formed a serious circle jerk that will take a fire hose to break up!
    After reading this all I can figure is, paranoia. Seriously.

Donie, get some help.

Thermite is a pain sometimes but only mildly delusional.

Ed.

25. Likes DrHook, MetalCarnage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And the earth is flat
    Never ever landed on the moon eighter

Peter

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eKretz View Post
    Generally, professionals don't worry about what other people are doing, nor what everybody else thinks about them on a message forum. I find this sort of thread a bit counterproductive if you are trying to show professionalism...
    eKretz nailed it in one. The forum software has an "ignore list" function. In your profile, you click on "Edit ignore list" and simple add the names... reload your web browser, and you never see them again (unless you want to)

28. Likes TheOldCar liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckg7442 View Post
    Gotta love the CNC vs manual divide. IMHO, a true machinist will be able to fix or make whatever is required of them, regardless of the equipment used. They should be able to take a print, or even take measurements off of a broken part and reproduce it on either. The most important tool should be between their ears. Though I will say learning the fundamentals on manual machines first,then taking the knowledge to the CNC is the best approach.
    I don't see how the type of machines you use has any bearing on how much of a machinist you are. That's like 10yo school kids arguing about who's better at kicking rocks in a concrete school yard.

Now as for being a toolmaker...I know someone who can tell you if you are or aren't one

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by plastikdreams View Post
    It keeps me warm...
    Great line from a great movie.

31. Likes plastikdreams, reggie_obe liked this post