lack of professional machinist in sub forums - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pavt View Post
    Yeah, that would have been Gordon in the Metrology section. It wasn't that long ago either, just in the last year. One of the regulars got fed up with him and started calling him out on the forum. Gordon somehow had access to the site-wide anti-spam controls. So the guy lost his account *and* every single post he ever made. The owners got rid of Gordon and changed the rules for all the other mods, as I understand it.

What amazes me is how long they let stuff go on sometimes. I remember when Thermite was known as Monarchist. But why haven't both of these clowns been kicked? Most other sites would have done it a *long* time ago.
    Not sticking up for either one, but I've noticed that Thermite has slowed his posting rather dramatically in recent months. For example, I would have thought that he would have shown up here, what with Donie starting the thread.

Now back to lurking...

2. Likes Peter from Holland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    LLLMMMFFFAAAOOO!!!

I'm in the same boat as BigBeeee
    because the Godron wiped me out of existence. So there was a way that he found (and later lied about) where I believe he treated me like a spammer, and zapped all traces.
    Bloody good job he wasn't in control of the big red button
    Earlier than that, another mod deleted some of my posts and then banned me for life (with no warning) after a single incident where I reacted angrily to one of the chronic insult throwers. Fortunately Don is a fair man and he reinstated me.

The job of a mod is not easy and frankly some posters test their patience to the limits. Also many of the Off Topic subjects are those where people have strong emotions and often widely differing views. That said, I was taught "Attack the idea, not the man" and if more people followed that rule things would be a lot more civil.
    How this thread ended for donie is unfortunate but hopefully the cooling off period will cause him to think a bit more before posting angry profanity filled rants.

"Never wed in haste, drive angry, or put anything in writing under the heat of emotion"
    -- Anonymous

4. Likes barbter, Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    Not sticking up for either one, but I've noticed that Thermite has slowed his posting rather dramatically in recent months. For example, I would have thought that he would have shown up here, what with Donie starting the thread.

Now back to lurking...
    Oh there's plenty of time....now Donnie is banned and can't reply...

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pavt View Post
    Yeah, that would have been Gordon in the Metrology section. It wasn't that long ago either, just in the last year. One of the regulars got fed up with him and started calling him out on the forum. Gordon somehow had access to the site-wide anti-spam controls. So the guy lost his account *and* every single post he ever made. The owners got rid of Gordon and changed the rules for all the other mods, as I understand it.
    Yup me. But he was talking a lot of shit at the time and was totally unprofessional with his statements and wouldn't back down.
    And he had previously banned camscan for no other reason than he didn't like him.

It's a pity because I do miss some of his ways of looking at the world.
    No harm in agreeing to disagree.

7. Likes pavt, Scottl liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey texasgunsmith:
    To bring this thread back to something worthwhile:

Who is that magnificent young lady in your avatar?

Cheers

Marcus
    Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
    Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

9. Likes texasgunsmith liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Yup me. But he was talking a lot of shit at the time and was totally unprofessional with his statements and wouldn't back down.
    And he had previously banned camscan for no other reason than he didn't like him.

It's a pity because I do miss some of his ways of looking at the world.
    No harm in agreeing to disagree.
    Yeah, I remember cracking some funny in that thread (may the farce be with you) but seriously, the problem is exactly what you said. Some guys don't know when or how to back down because of having gigantic egos to defend. Pride as the deadly sin. But inside, they are tiny, tiny little boys.

11. Likes Mcgyver, barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    course if you don't like Thermite's posts, ignore them, it can't get any simpler than that
    That's not the point. Sure, ignore, there's a button for that, but .....

A new guy shows up. A sane rational person. Says something in thread. Numb nuts goes of with largely unintelligible rant of righteous insults on what an idiot the thinks the guy is. And he doesn't shut up so In short order Numb nuts is 10 out of 20 posts, full of nonsense. The thread is just polluted and sane guy concludes PM is a loony bin forum and writes the place off.

Most people don't want to hang around with nutbars. He's an outlier on any scale you want to pick, but he can be 50% of the content of thread so the resultant content is 50% obnoxious, nutbar drivel. For that reason even if you never read a thing he writes, he make site a lot worse than it could be
    Last edited by Mcgyver; 09-03-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by implmex View Post
    Hey texasgunsmith:
    To bring this thread back to something worthwhile:

Who is that magnificent young lady in your avatar?

Cheers

Marcus
    Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
    Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Looks like WWII nose art? Think they'd get away with that today?

wwII "nose art" - Google Search

14. Likes texasgunsmith liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Just in time for the holidays.......
    Well, this is PM after all...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

“ Most people don't want to hang around with nutbars. He's an outlier on any scale you want to pick, but he can be 50% of the content of thread so the resultant content is 50% obnoxious, nutbar drivel. For that reason even if you never read a thing he writes, he make site a lot worse than it could be”

This is so, so true.
    No telling how many potentially useful members and conversations he has run off.

I say thermite and donie, handcuffed together with loaded 45s os the answer.

17. Likes rakort, Mcgyver, morsetaper2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by henrya View Post
    “ Most people don't want to hang around with nutbars. He's an outlier on any scale you want to pick, but he can be 50% of the content of thread so the resultant content is 50% obnoxious, nutbar drivel. For that reason even if you never read a thing he writes, he make site a lot worse than it could be”

This is so, so true.
    No telling how many potentially useful members and conversations he has run off.

I say thermite and donie, handcuffed together with loaded 45s os the answer.

Nah...

Thermite and Donie handcuffed together, each with an empty .45, and one cartridge on the far side of the room.

19. Likes atex57, morsetaper2, Scottl, Gordon Heaton liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is a station break:

I witnessed the decline of industry in my area after 9/11/2001. Walking dogs for years in various business parks.
    I wouldn't doubt that the decline as stated by mr OP is because of off-shore manufacturing. I want
    it to reverse. Otherwise the words "economic hostage" will be a common term.

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

21. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    sounds like a case of the cancel culture
    By a right wing moderator. Isn't it the right wingers that are up in arms over cancel culture? That's where I'm hearing the bitching coming from.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    By a right wing moderator. Isn't it the right wingers that are up in arms over cancel culture? That's where I'm hearing the bitching coming from.
    Your head "hears a lot of things" BuBBu...

24. Likes camscan, tdmidget liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just want to say Hi everybody. Before this thread gets locked.
    If you have machine tools and charge more $ than your cost, then you are a professional. If you have a huge shop full of the latest CNC machine tools and you screw up a bid on a large project that reams your cash flow? Expensive hobby for you.

26. Likes otrlt, Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    That's not the point. Sure, ignore, there's a button for that, but .....

A new guy shows up. A sane rational person. Says something in thread. Numb nuts goes of with largely unintelligible rant of righteous insults on what an idiot the thinks the guy is. And he doesn't shut up so In short order Numb nuts is 10 out of 20 posts, full of nonsense. The thread is just polluted and sane guy concludes PM is a loony bin forum and writes the place off.

Most people don't want to hang around with nutbars. He's an outlier on any scale you want to pick, but he can be 50% of the content of thread so the resultant content is 50% obnoxious, nutbar drivel. For that reason even if you never read a thing he writes, he make site a lot worse than it could be
    So ban Termite or invoke Thunderdome rules: two men enter, one man leaves; there are no rules; there is no time limit; you may make use of any weapons available to you.
    It could be televised on WWE, part of the proceeds could fund PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If'n ya get so worked up and angry like the OP.....................unplug from the internet and go out and get a hobby..................or at least start takin' your meds again.

29. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If thermites rants "run you off" then you probably aren't strong enough to survive on PM anyway.

For real life!

31. Likes tdmidget, Scottl, triumph406 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by plastikdreams View Post
    If thermites rants "run you off" then you probably aren't strong enough to survive on PM anyway.

For real life!
    I know what you mean...................Thermite just gets a little annoying................horrible guy ya know......................he should be drawn and quartered.

Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post
    Hey Fuck You, you sure aint no gunsmith, and get your fucking dick out of the termites eye socket, you shit for brains!
    That is my professional foot in your stupid hobby ass face, in case you didnt know!
    That is straight up Mr. tin star cocksucker.
    But donie...........................upstanding citizen

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'll admit, I don't usually read all of thermites posts I basically scan them. But rarely if ever is he pointedly rude or demeaning. I'm sure he has been, but we all have. Does the guy have knowledge, sure...does he tell stories, yes...can he spin the yarn...with the best of em lol.

They were both told months ago to stop yapping at each other or else...well one of them decided to go on a rant and found out what "or else" entailed lol.