What's new
What's new

Lagun milling machine

gear cutter

Cast Iron
I just got this Lagun FTV-4 milling machine. It needs some work. Does anyone know where I can get parts or information on it? Thanks in advance.Lagun mill.jpg

Republic Lagun in California. Prices are a little salty but not sure of any other source.

I called them and they said they would have to get back to me with a quote. I want to put a riser on this machine I'm thinking 8" or 12" If it's too expansive I might make my own.Lagun 2.jpg

You can find photocopies of the manual on eBay. Otherwise, it seems like Lagun Republic really is the main source.

In a common theme in my life, they thought I had the serial number wrong because it was too short. My FT-1 is from 1969, just like me, only I don't think you can see the flaking on my ways anymore. 😃

You can find photocopies of the manual on eBay. Otherwise, it seems like Lagun Republic really is the main source.

In a common theme in my life, they thought I had the serial number wrong because it was too short. My FT-1 is from 1969, just like me, only I don't think you can see the flaking on my ways anymore. ��

I called them (Lagun Republic) and they said they would get back to me with a quote. I can't wait to see how much this is going to cost.

The motor reversing switch for mine was $180. I bought it because the randomly sourced one I bought was 5mm larger and didn't fit. The me one doesn't fit either, but it's a lot closer. I guess the standards have changed somewhere in the last 50 years.

The motor reversing switch for mine was $180. I bought it because the randomly sourced one I bought was 5mm larger and didn't fit. The me one doesn't fit either, but it's a lot closer. I guess the standards have changed somewhere in the last 50 years.

Looks like I'll be making my own riser for it. I got a quote for a knee crank handle. It is $1072.00. The round handle for the table is $892.00. I guess I'll be making those also. Wow. I don't even want to see the price for a riser block for it.

Yea I ordered some parts for my FTV-1 from them a few months ago for the first time. I needed a new quill lock handle and a new clock spring for the quill. Cost around $94 for the lock handle and $195 for the clock spring. Not cheap!

Looks like I'll be making my own riser for it. I got a quote for a knee crank handle. It is $1072.00. The round handle for the table is $892.00. I guess I'll be making those also. Wow. I don't even want to see the price for a riser block for it.

I don't know about the riser but Master-Carr has all sorts of hand wheels. When I got my big Webb mill, it had been a CNC machine but the computer was gone and the wheels were missing.

I ordered three cast aluminum wheels from McMaster-Carr. They had blank wheel centers. I drilled and homed them to fit the ball screw shafts and cut keyways for them and all was well. IIRC they cost me about $35 each for 6" diameter wheels plus $15 or so
for the steel handles.

.Machine Handle.jpg

Go to SurplusRecord.com or Machinetools.com and under "wanted" type looking for a parts machine....you brand and model and that goes out to most of the Used machine dealers and you might get lucky. What are you looking for? Maybe go to this forums Wanted tooling and parts and ask there too. You can post wanted on those 2 and here for free.

Back