What's new
What's new

Lancer 2000 nitrogen re-fill problems

doug8cat

Titanium
The Cincinnati Laner has a N2 counter balance for the Z axis. My charge and tank are low enough to where moving Z is causing too much current draw and faulting.
problem is the fill port is a 1/4 BSP schrader valve. I have no problem recharging, however finding a female fitting to mate with the aforementioned BSP fitting. Is turning up nothing. Spoke with Fives they said there is an adaptor, which they don't have and nobody else does either. I really don't want to discharge the system entirely and make all new fittings.
Anyone ever had this problem? What did you do?
An other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:rolleyes5:
Thanks

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

I did a search on Google: 1/4 BSP Schrader Valve

There is an eBay listing for Schrader Profile 17 Series Female Coupler 1/4 BSP Female Thread & Male Adapters

Also, check McMaster Carr.

Looks like they have some things available.

Hopefully this is some help!

If these are not what you are looking for, please provide some additional details.

Maybe a photo also.

BTW - That's a pretty poor response from Fives!

I did do an ebay search and did see some of what you mentioned the problem is the pressure rating on the adaptor. 130 BAR (1885 PSI) is the way above the spec on those ebay parts that I have seen. Those pressures make me pucker just a tad, call me a nervous nellie, but I want to do this as safely as possible. I will look again maybe change some parameters my terms for search.
I was kind of disappointed in Fives, but in their defence they did say that they might have one in 50 days. I cannot be down for 50 days, so if I cannot find an adaptor plan B will placed into action. B consists of bracing the spindle, depressurizing the entire system, either modifying or making a new fill/distribution block and re-filling the system.

Thank you for your input. If anyone has a better idea please feel free to throw your hat in the ring.

Not sure why the resistance to just emptying the system, installing a more convenient fitting and refilling. N2 is pretty cheap and readily available so that shouldn't be a factor. Also on the pressure ratings, at your nominal 2,000 psi, the force on such a small fitting is around 100#, so I wouldn't be overly concerned.

It sounds to me like you need a hydraulic accumulator fill/service rig. Most well-stocked Parker-Hannifen stores will have one. If not they should be able to get one to you quickly.
281ace236d977b4840ca2cba0141650b.jpg

Here’s a link to one, literally the first one that came up on google for a hydraulic accumulator charging kit.

CKT-0030 : SFP Charging Kit for Bottom Repairable 3000 PSI Accumulator – OneHydraulics

Be safe

Jeremy

Thanks to everyone for your help. I believe with all the info you guys have come up with, I have enough resources to whip this bitch. I will follow up my results.

Thanks again for coming through, I genuinely appreciate all the resources and advise you have provided for me.

Regards,
Doug

Al I agree but the folks in charge want it yesterday and dirt cheap. If it were me I would do as you said.

I would point out for the record that the abovementioned boundary conditions (cheap and right now) are a bit at odds with working with
high pressure gas systems. Wear safety glasses maybe a face shield. If HP hoses come adrift they can whip you bad.

Back