What's new
What's new

Lapping info site

Interesting

The machine photo on the home page is a lapping machine made by R. Howard Strasbaugh (sp?) Company, Huntington Beach California, I think.
I don't know if Strasbaugh is still in existence. They made polishing and grinding machines for optics and semiconductors.
I wonder why USP is using one of their photos.
Perhaps the compaies had some relation.
I do alot of lapping but have never used Garnet abrasive.
What are you lapping with it?
Thanks.
SM

We officially use it to lap in gears for movie camera heads. Unofficially I used it to lap in some tight threads on a lens, worked like a treat. The idea is that it breaks down and when it's done ,it's done and doesn't keep cutting like alum. oxide. Saves on clean up time.

daryl, thank you for the info. Got a question; I went through their data several times and could find no grit grading for their GK5, 7, & 10 garnet products.

Also, which of the products do you use on your camera work?

Thank you, Bob

The GK-10 is 1000 grit, GK400-400grit, GK5-600grit, GK7-800grit. For my lens work, I use the GK-10. I think the head guy uses GK-5.

US Products

Hi Daryl-

My name is Rebecca and I just took over at US Products. My Father was the owner and he passed away. I love this forum and keep using our products. Is there anything you need?

Zombie thread, Rebecca. You are replying to a post from ten years ago. One thing I'd suggest would be to provide your company's current web address.

Zombie thread, Rebecca. You are replying to a post from ten years ago. One thing I'd suggest would be to provide your company's current web address.

Hi Bosley,
If you go to https://www.us-products.com/ you'll get their page. But the format is ancient and at least one link is still "coming soon".

Rebecca, best of luck running the company, it can be tough taking over for a founding parent. You might want to update the website to make it more informative, which sometimes means cutting out excess text to more rapidly present the core information. Someone skilled in website design could assist with this.

The website will be revamped I promise. It is horrible. Every aspect of the company needs work. It is hard but I am tough. I have a lot to learn. Thanks!

Back