What's new
What's new

Lathe ID

Chuckwp

Plastic
Hi. New to the site and forums.
I work in auto resoration and repair and have access to a lathe.
Others at the shop know lathe operation but, nobody knows make.model or, age of the machine.
I have not found any of that info on the machine.
I would like to id this lathe to gain more information on it's origin and operation. I am sure it is older than any of them and maybe even me (62).
So, if anyone knows please enlighen me.

Attachments

• LATHE.jpg
    LATHE.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 167
Late 60's to late '70's. YAM/YANG was builder. Should be able to get manuals and parts. Good machines. There should be a tag on the back side below the headstock, probably just above the electric supply. Will have serial number and model number, ie. 1440= 14 inch swing, 40 inches between centers. Serial number is also stamped on the end of the bed next to the V way.

Where are you located?

Thanks all, I overlooked the obvious. It says Cadillac big as day on the machine but, being in an auto resto. shop, I assumed the Cacillac logo on the machine was from something related to GM taht somebody stuck on there. Never heard of that company, how did they get away with selling something called Cadillac in the US?
Here is the same model-
For Sale: 14" x 21" Used Cadillac Engine Lathe, Mdl. 1422, Tool Post, 5C Collet Closer, Foot Brake, Tailstock with Turret, Steady Rest, #A1994 Sterling Machinery

Back