What's new
What's new

Lead times on custom washers. Anybody know of place with quicker turnaround?

mmurray70

Stainless
I get a custom washer stamped from bokers for a product we sell. Need to order more but their lead time is about 100 days. I dont have enough on hand to last this long. Probably going to have to end up machining some to meet deliveries, not really looking forward to this.

Any other options out there in US or Canada that might be faster?

Long, long time ago, there was a member "Larry" from Socal, that did just this.
Last we heard, was moving the shop eastwards.

Can they be punched from sheet?

Most any sheetmetal shop worth a shit has an Amada 357 or three. They do 350 strokes per minute. Washers take two hits. You get roughly 9000 washers per hour.

Sounds like a 50 cal if you're punching 3" washers from 1/4" plate.

Can they be punched from sheet?

Most any sheetmetal shop worth a shit has an Amada 357 or three. They do 350 strokes per minute. Washers take two hits. You get roughly 9000 washers per hour.

Sounds like a 50 cal if you're punching 3" washers from 1/4" plate.

Yes of course stamped from plate/coil is what im looking for. Sounds like a cool machine!

I get a custom washer stamped from bokers for a product we sell. Need to order more but their lead time is about 100 days. I dont have enough on hand to last this long. Probably going to have to end up machining some to meet deliveries, not really looking forward to this.

Any other options out there in US or Canada that might be faster?

ever thought to have a set laser cut by chance in a pinch?

or contact these guys, they are near me in ontario with a automated 22 ton punch press
1.519.866.3338 1.516.866.3364 [email protected]
DB Custom Manufacturing

Yes of course stamped from plate/coil is what im looking for. Sounds like a cool machine!

CNC turret punch is what they're called. Short runs of washers are very often made on turret punches. Like, if your quantity doesn't justify buying coils of steel from a metalslitter then you would punch them from sheets in a CNC turret punch.

Turret punches absolutely kill lasers on jobs like this. Provided the shop has the punch sizes you need (highly likely).

Back