What's new
What's new

LeBlond 15C Lathe pickup today.

jmoore2784

Plastic
Today I picked up my second piece of machinery. I got this LeBlond 15C from the original owner who still had the receipt from 32 years ago. Came with a good amount of tooling as well. What do you guys think?IMG_4156.jpgIMG_4155.jpgIMG_4157.jpgIMG_4158.jpgIMG_4151.jpg

Today I picked up my second piece of machinery. I got this LeBlond 15C from the original owner who still had the receipt from 32 years ago. Came with a good amount of tooling as well. What do you guys think?View attachment 270968View attachment 270969View attachment 270970View attachment 270971View attachment 270972

A little info about your lathe.

That is older than 32 years, the lever on the apron went away in 1977......the flaking on top of the cross slide was not done at the factory nor was the space between the cross slide ways, that serves no purpose other than to dress it up?
The machine could have been rebuilt/scraped 32 years ago?

If you look at the space in between the ways near the operator side on the tailstock end you will see the serial number, post that and we will be able to tell the year of manufacture?

The lathe looks good and it looks like you got a lot of tooling.....If your happy with the machine and you got a good deal that's even better!

Kevin

I thought the same...I don't know LeBlond's models but it looks older than 32 years. And an original owner, most likely, would have put less wear on it overall. But still looks like one of the nicer lathes out there.

I thought the same...I don't know LeBlond's models but it looks older than 32 years. And an original owner, most likely, would have put less wear on it overall. But still looks like one of the nicer lathes out there.

Yep, it's the spitting image of (a little brother to) my 1968 19" Regal.

I agree, looks like a nice pickup if you're happy with what you paid for it. I might have bought one just like it if I hadn't come across a nice deal on the 19 first.

I always liked to run those LeBlond lathes. Easy to run,handles and controls in the right place and an easy to deciper gearbox chart. Enjoy it.

Well guys I got it up and running today. I built a 15 hp idler motor rotary phase converter to run it and my Enshu VF mill that I am working on. I changed all the fluids in the lathe and put it through its paces tonight and it runs flawlessly. I will find the serial number tomorrow when I go back to the garage and Ill post it for your help in identifying the manufacture date.

Back