What's new
What's new

Leblond 3220-25 Servo Shift Lathe problems

Kg3880

Plastic
I recently purchased a Leblond 3220-25 servo shift lathe. From the start it has been a nightmare to say the least. After burning the clutch up and numerous bad shifts we came to the conclusion that the lathe has a frozen shaft a the very bottom of the assembly (I know this has nothing to do with the bad shifts). Has anyone else had a similar problem? The lathe was running at 10 rpm when we left for a quick lunch. The clutch was smoking very badly when we returned. We tried numerous ideas in order to get the lathe running again. Another symptom is when we first received the lathe it seemed to almost "fall out of gear" when running as the chuck would slowly come to a stop. Has anyone converted one of these lathes to a manual shift method. Any information or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Do a search using user name Joe Michaels and LeBlond. He had a west coast shop "revise" a 25" heavy Duty with SS - back into a manual. Probably not real cheap

I did it for you

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general-archive/leblond-heavy-duty-engine-lathe-79331/?highlight=LeBlond

I recently purchased a Leblond 3220-25 servo shift lathe. From the start it has been a nightmare to say the least. After burning the clutch up and numerous bad shifts we came to the conclusion that the lathe has a frozen shaft a the very bottom of the assembly (I know this has nothing to do with the bad shifts). Has anyone else had a similar problem? The lathe was running at 10 rpm when we left for a quick lunch. The clutch was smoking very badly when we returned. We tried numerous ideas in order to get the lathe running again. Another symptom is when we first received the lathe it seemed to almost "fall out of gear" when running as the chuck would slowly come to a stop. Has anyone converted one of these lathes to a manual shift method. Any information or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Here are the folks that did the work

"Yancey Machine" - Google Search

Back