What's new
What's new

Leblond Regal Lathe - Can't identify the model

Hi,

I hope I have posted in the right area. I live in the UK. I have been clearing out a barn on our farm and stumbled accross this lathe (I have attached photos). I know very little about lathes and I'm having trouble identifying the model. I intend to put it on ebay as I will never use it and I need the space.

As you can see the condition is rough at best! I can see that it's a leblond regal lathe and it has the number 13. Digging around online it looks like it's from the 1940s. Other than that I haven't been able to identify the particular model.

If anyone can point me in the direction of what model it is, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks!94361344_1098598890495452_2970130319392374784_n.jpg94243822_555030438766452_2663592434688065536_n (2).jpg94220713_543724896347285_4052921115499036672_n.jpg

Looks like a 13in round head. The serial number is on the right end of the bed, between the front ways.

Guys, that is excellent, most helpful!

In your opinion what would it be worth to sell on ebay. It's very rough around the edges but as I understand from my dad it should be working.

Thanks

Al

There isn't the same demand for obsolete US machinery in the UK as there is in the USA. If you're in industry that's just scrap iron and if you're a home shop guy it's not a " Myford " or another make of small British lathe. If you're really lucky you might be able to get somebody to take it off you hands for the scrap value.

Regards Tyrone.

That's really useful to know. I didn't know what I should list it for on ebay. I'll put it on at 99p and hope for the best!

I appreciate your help.

Just to feedback, I sold the lathe on ebay for £405, I suspect with a bit of luck it may have gone for more as there were 85 people watching it! It shows that they are obviously pretty popular in the UK. I got more money than scrap, but most importantly I didn't have to clear it myself!

Many thanks for your help

Al

Just to feedback, I sold the lathe on ebay for £405, I suspect with a bit of luck it may have gone for more as there were 85 people watching it! It shows that they are obviously pretty popular in the UK. I got more money than scrap, but most importantly I didn't have to clear it myself!

Many thanks for your help

Al

I'm amazed, you did very well there. Maybe the lockdown has created an interest in home machining that wasn't really there before. Guys with time on their hands on furlough and thinking they've got the time to refurbish a lathe now. I'm finding I'm wishing I had a little home shop for the first time since I retired.

Regards Tyrone.

Back