What's new
What's new

Lees Bradner thread mill

Mebfab

Diamond
Anyone own, have run a Lees Bradner thread mill? Curious about the # of change gears needed, there pitch and bores size/style. Just a round hole or something fancy like fellows used? Model LT

Anyone with a scan of the manual or sales bruchures?

thread mill

How much do either of you guys know about these machines?
I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out all this tooling that I have and it was before the cnc came around to threading.
It's starting to look like it might have been for a lees bradner or a machine simular.
Thanks, Randy

Lotsa Google hits for "Lees Bradner thread mill".

Can't help you on specific change gears but there's about 16 gears required to cover the common Unified pitches. Many of them will work for Metric pitches if you have the translation numbers. There should be a chart on the machine.

My question is where do you find thread mills? And you need a bushing for every thread diameter. You can use a thread miller to single point threads but it's not very efficient. You can cut threads if you have a miller but you gotta have gearing.

Boston Gear makes change gears in all numbers 20 to 128 I think and you can mod them to fit your shafts. They aint cheap. Search for and download their catalog.

Download and Order Boston Gear Literature

Or you can srounge a stack of change gears from eBay.

change gear | eBay

Last edited:
send me a picture and I will do my best to identify

I have a lot of tooling pictures on photobucket in the machinery for sale album.
Just go that site and search for dt38k and my page should open up, none are blocked, public welcome
I have a bunch of change gears too

pictures of thread mill tooling

I have a lot of tooling pictures on photobucket in the machinery for sale album.
Just go that site and search for dt38k and my page should open up, none are blocked, public welcome
I have a bunch of change gears too
I'm hoping this link will work, my photobucket album is for public viewing.
I have seen some pictures of a barber colman hob machine cutting worm threads and also the lees-bradner which look like the o.d. cutters I have, but I haven't found any that look like the internal cutters yet.
There are also some pictures of the rat rod I've been working on if you guys are into that.
Thanks, Randy

Machinery For Sale Photos by dt38k | Photobucket

In another lifetime I worked for Lees Bradner as a field service engineer. If you're a legitimate, professional business and prepared to issue a a PO I'd be pleased to help.

I’m not sure if you were referring to me or not
I’ve been selling on eBay since 2000
My inventory rests in my shop where I live
If a p.o. is a necessity to move this product, so be it, but this is not my norm
I stand behind what I sell, and will do business with anyone

Back