What's new
What's new

Lehmann Hydratrol 34x372 need manual

djensen

Plastic
I have a rapid problem, it will move away from the chuck but not towards. Anyone know anything about this?

Have the manual for the 25" serial 5886 - I'll scan the RT page in the morning

First thing that page cautions you about is having the drive motor turn the right way - has to make RT screw rotate CW when viewed from tail stock end

Wrong way rotation causes the hyd. direction controls to not work right

Here is that scan. A more "readable" version can be emailed if you want to private message me that address. Do put something in the subject line like Lehmann

Attachments

• Lehmann RT Page.jpg
    Lehmann RT Page.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
If that doesn't correct the problem, the two pistons that direct the hydraulic oil flow in the control handle on the carriage handwheel may have worn ball checks in them. Last, could be the clutch linings are worn completely out to where they won't engage the R.T. nut for pushing the carriage toward the chuck. Ken

Thank you, this explains how the system works, quite ingenious. I'm a Doosan tech and get tasked to repair off brand machines for customers often. I don't want to do exploratory surgery, and run the cost through the roof, because of a simple adjustment. I actually have two Lehman lathes with this problem from two different customers. Keep the spindles turning! Thank You again!

Hello! Suddenly i have bot this toy.....
YouTube
in very poor condition. If you dont mind please send me manual too....

Thanks a lot.

Always wondered if those gear lappers they built and used ever did a good job of lapping gear teeth on the headstock gears???

The picture of the oiling system shown above, I have the original artwork that was used to shoot the picture used in publications. Saved from a dumpster dive many years ago at Drilco in Houston. Ken

Hello!
Where is a serial number may be on a lathe???? cant find it. Interesting a year of build my toy.....
Thanks.

Have bot oil. 80 litres of Mobil DTE medium... i change oil filter on a external unit.... repair same gears shift device...

Lehmann stamped the serial number in two places that I know of on the older lathes built before 1976. Anything newer, have no clue where the s/n is stamped. On the older lathes, it's generally stamped at the tail end of the bed between the flat and the vee. They also stamped it on the top side of the saddle at the front. Find the s/n and post. One of us can provide a approximate year of build for you. Ken

Edit: Mobil DTE mediun should be just fine. Do not run any oil heavier than that.

Edit: Mobil DTE mediun should be just fine. Do not run any oil heavier than that.

Thanks. Very. I already got mobil dte. My unit was not running all USSR period on a good oil fact. unknown regular very poor black not clear oil 40 litres was in. oil filter - YouTube . It still works!
YouTube

in my opinion lathe wow2 years....

Nice to see them old Lehmann's still in service! Those were some sweet running lathes for their time! You could shift speeds without stopping the spindle except for back gear and reverse!

BTW- The serial number for that size lathe 32"-36", starts with a "C" followed by a three digit number. Example "C123".

Ken

a lot of mud keep s/n still not found..... trying find....
that is "vee", eng not my born language. transleter google dont know this word.
or whatsapp +79068112583. i will be glad to invite you to a dialog.....

Look for the serial number stamped on the bed between the ways at the tailstock end of the bed. Try that.

Yeah, Google sometimes translate to words that do not make any sense at all.

Got it!

S/N: C 384

According to the serial number book I have, yours was built in the year of 1944. In that year, they started with S/N C377 and ended with S/N C-454. There was 77 lathes built that year in that size range of 32-36". That was a lot for that size lathe builder in one year, which did not build over 3000 lathes in it's entire life history in St. Louis, Missouri. Of course, this was in the peak of WWII.

Ken

may be anyone have interest where i found it. historical place for us. near it made a lot of t-34 where i was born.

Back