What's new
What's new

Linley Jig borer

They were good when new. The ones I have seen for sale were old and abused. Remember, they were not milling machines, but by now most have been used for milling more than boring.

I think they had a proprietary taper shank tool with a coarse thread on the little end. I think someone posted a picture of the tooling here a few months ago, asking what it fit. Try the search button.

Larry

Does anyone know what type of tool shanks they take?
they have an 11degree taper collet. Some were made with a small drill chuck that was weld to the taper with the spindle nut on so you can't get it off. This was so it could only be used for drilling and reaming not mill. This is the type I have. I tried like hell to get the thing off one day and the the old guy in the shop was just laughing at me. then he told me why it is not comming off

the model i own has the dovetail ways..much more suited for milling, have owned it for about 10 years...it can be a nice little mill when used within it's capacity. silk smooth, never worry about tram, tenths indication marks. can raise both the head and use quill. while true it will never be a jig bore again..who cares...at close to 1000lbs it will beat any little benchtop that i have owned. i guess downside would be lack of collets..tho they can be made pretty easy (at least my LB collets, and lucky for me i have a bunch of them)

mine is on my site
www.plastikosmd.com

scott

Scott you have the next older version of mine. nice machine and site you have. I do have the factory part list for mine. I know there are adleast six other people on this site that have one. as I have e-mail the info to them

Back