What's new
What's new

Lisle 91000 drill grinder info needed

PeterH48

Aluminum
Anyone out there with a Lisle 91000 drill grinder, I could use your help. Mine is missing the wheel dressing tool. I am goin to make one, but I need some dimensions from the one that came with it. Most I have seen are about 6 to 7 inches long with a small diameter that fits into the tool block and a larger diameter that holds the dressing tool. Anyone who could give me something to go by, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks so much !!!

Check out Aaron's YouTube Video
YouTube

From his comments in that video...

"Sure- big end is .875" diameter with the hole for the diamond .3565" from the end to center of the .187" diameter hole to mount it. I just turned down the shank of the diamond tool I bought and threaded it for an 8-32 nut. The big end length is 2.428" and the small end is 2.118" long. The small end diameter is .491". I think that's all you need."

Check out Aaron's YouTube Video
YouTube

From his comments in that video...

"Sure- big end is .875" diameter with the hole for the diamond .3565" from the end to center of the .187" diameter hole to mount it. I just turned down the shank of the diamond tool I bought and threaded it for an 8-32 nut. The big end length is 2.428" and the small end is 2.118" long. The small end diameter is .491". I think that's all you need."

Thank you so much Mike!!! Just what I needed.

I wish I had taken a few minutes to look for this thread before I made mine. I made my own and made estimates of the dimensions, all worked out pretty well, except for one. :(
Lisle91000DressingTool3.jpg
This is the position all the way over to the right!!! LOL It needs to be just a bit longer. I guess I'll got about attempt 2 in the next day or so. :willy_nilly: I guess I shouldn't complain, it came out pretty darn good, all except the length, plus it give me some time in the shop working on something. This was a fun way to spend a few hours just messing around. :D

Back