What's new
What's new

Lista cabinet lock rotor

jermfab

Cast Iron
I’m a big fan of Lista cabinets. I own several and recently set out to homologize them. Unfortunately, while their support is fantastic overall, some things just don’t exist in their inventory any more.
077789e970e806025dddfdf3b6b44cad.jpg

I need/want part 2423 for two boxes. Lista doesn’t have any. Unfortunately I don’t have the part to even pattern from.
Lista can still provide the lock assembly, keyed however I ask, the actuating rod is a piece of square rod.
I’m willing to try and make two new pieces, but not from scratch.
Shot in the dark: does anyone out there in PM world have a GenII Lista box they’re willing to take apart? If so I’ll gladly accept any reference or measurement you can give.
For a reasonable amount I’ll buy your part if you want. Or pay shipping both ways.

Edited to satisfy the grammar police

Last edited:
Homologate? Don't try to use words that you don't know the meaning of. How do you "make new pieces, but not from scratch"?

From Merriam Webster
ho·​mol·​o·​gate | \ hō-ˈmä-lə-ˌgāt , hə- \
homologated; homologating
Definition of homologate
transitive verb
: SANCTION, ALLOW
especially : to approve or confirm officially

Not sure how it applies here.

Obvious abuse of the English language=banned for life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow! Half of this forum can’t keep straight there, their and they’re and somehow I catch these responses. Yes. I’m seeking to making my cabinets homogeneous, all the same. Sorry I didn’t read my fucking thesaurus before posting.
To be even clearer, not from scratch means my time is valuable enough that I’m not willing to spend a bunch of time buried at the back of a cabinet taking measurements. It’s not a difficult part, with a pattern or literally any sort of reference to start from, but I don’t have the time to make it from nothing.
A photo of the piece next to a barely extended tape measure is more valuable than the drawing I currently have.
Hopefully my use of the language is up to snuff here.
Jesus Christ get lives.

I'd say at least half of the usual posters here are retired or no longer directly work in manufacturing (Walmart greeters). So they are just bitter old men with nothing else in their lives, but their wives. Hence the bitterness.

I think it's from watching the morning news and listening to the college educated reporters speak in incomplete sentences, headlines, or text, then they tell us how to dress our childeren and to put something important in the back seat of the cat with them, like a cell phone so we don't forget them in the car on a 100 degree day, it makes me kinda crazy too.

Anyhow, you can have mine if it will work, I don't have a key anyhow.

Many thanks to Kustomizer, PM sent.

As was stated above, the goal was to make all of my Lista cabinets function the same. Unfortunately the two GenII cabinets I have came to me used, with both lock actuators completely gone. Other than the drawing Lista sent me and Kustomizer’s photo, I’ve never even SEEN these parts. I’ve verified with Lista and for myself that the current lock assemblies will fit the older housings. Unfortunately, while Lista does do a great job of supporting their product and haven’t changed the overall architecture, the divider slots and hole patterns remain the same through all variants, there have been three unique latch mechanisms:
03015f9609d1e86e6e4a7ec679e4daa3.jpg

I’ve been advised by Lista that GenIII drawers and sliders will fit in previous generation housings, but I will lose the latch and locking mechanism. Lista is also rightfully proud of their products and do not give them away. And I’d be left with 11 drawers and slides.
I like that with Lista’s latch system only one drawer can open at a time as a safety measure, the problem becomes that when being moved, if the boxes aren’t locked the mechanism can be overwhelmed and all drawers open with the ensuing mess and downtime. Additionally my four year old spends time with me at the shop, he’s into everything as is typical, but there’s some things he doesn’t NEED to be able to get into.
So the goal is to make the missing pieces to be able to lock these two older cabinets as I can lock my newer stuff. I’m quickly approaching the point where I’ve devoted too much time to this errand and definitely didn’t want to attempt it without ANY reference. But it’s a simple part and this is what we do. With a modicum of reference I’m nearly certain I can achieve my goal.
Thanks to those with meaningful additions.

Jeremy

Just a thought:

If someone were able to take another photo with a scale next to the cam piece it might be possible to get some pretty close measurements from the photo.

It would take some ingenuity as to how to place and remove the scale at the back of the cabinet but in the past I've taken photos with something else for scale and imported them as a layer into CAD.

Also might be able to do an edge find in a photo program but IMO having a good clear photo as a pattern makes it fairly simply to draw a close approximation.

Email sent Kustomizer, so many thanks again. One of many reasons this community rocks. Thanks to all that chimed in with productive stuff and again thanks to Kustomizer for coming through. I’m certain with the part in hand I can make another one. This thread I’m sure can go the way of the dodo.

Jeremy

I much prefer the spiral cam type locks, as they are trivial to break into if they accidentally slam-lock. The older
ones with the steel bar in back that lifts off to the side, not so easy....

My plan is to pull a mold from the part that Kustomizer so graciously pulled from one of his cabinets and sent to me. Mainly because I do not have a 3D printer. I will likely use that mold to make the two pieces I need and see if any of my 3D printing friends want a crack at it. There’s also a guy on eBay that
makes replacement, 3D printed latches for the older style box and I’ll reach out to him to see if he has any interest.

Jeremy

Back