What's new
What's new

*Lista Drawer Slides Sticking*

whiplash473

Plastic
Hi. A little while back I decided that I not only outgrew my Kennedy roller cabinet in size, but also in drawer weight. I bought a Lista roller cabinet and while the size and drawer weight issues are long gone, the action of the slides is falling shy of others I've used (stationary shop-owned cabinets.)

Instead of the two slides coming out at the same time like the other Lista cabinets I've used, mine stick back until the tab forces the other to slide forward. This is really annoying as I open these drawers many times a day and it creates a "pop" that is not only pretty loud but also shakes the whole drawer. If i lift up on the drawer pull this happens less. It doesnt matter which drawer or how much weight is in it. I've lubricated them with Tri-Flo which I like using for drawer slides because of its teflon base. At first I used gun oil but then disassembled, cleaned them, and applied Tri-Flo - no change.

Something to note: this has the newer style plastic rollers unlike the older cabinets with steel slides that have always operated properly. I've attached a few videos to help show what I'm talking about. Hopefully someone can help with fixing this. I've also included a videos of these weird tabs on the slides that I cant find any info about and which dont seem to do anything whether clicked "in" or "out."

The second video of the bottom drawer is the only drawer that opens properly.

Thanks,

Tyler

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

Not sure about Lista cabinets, but older Vidmars can get difficult to open and it seems the lube that was used in the drawer slide bearings turns to glue over time and the rollers start skidding rather than rolling on the slides. The solution is to remove the drawer and drawer carriage, clean out the bearings and relube them. Its amazing to me how stubborn the old caked in grease is.

Not sure about Lista cabinets, but older Vidmars can get difficult to open and it seems the lube that was used in the drawer slide bearings turns to glue over time and the rollers start skidding rather than rolling on the slides. The solution is to remove the drawer and drawer carriage, clean out the bearings and relube them. Its amazing to me how stubborn the old caked in grease is.

I should've noted in the first post that this box was bought new and only a couple months old. Pulling out the drawers and slides, cleaning them, and relubing them is something that I did at the beginning of the year and it didn't change anything. I haven't tried contacting Lista about this yet, I guess I'll see if they have any advice for this.

Thanks for the response.

It sounds to me like the cross bar on the trolley may be conflicting with something in the drawer below or the face of the drawer below. I say this because of the pop you are hearing. Have you removed the drawer and slid only the trolley in and out to make certain it doesn’t hit anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds to me like the cross bar on the trolley may be conflicting with something in the drawer below or the face of the drawer below. I say this because of the pop you are hearing. Have you removed the drawer and slid only the trolley in and out to make certain it doesn’t hit anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I understand what you're talking about. The drawer face, bottom of the drawer, and all of the slide is not even close to hitting anything else. There's plenty of gap between the drawers. It doesn't seem to be a manufacture defect. I tend to think that with the new plastic rollers they used maybe don't grip the slide as well so it just slides across the slide until the lock tab forces it to engage the second half of the slide.

Hi. A little while back I decided that I not only outgrew my Kennedy roller cabinet in size, but also in drawer weight. I bought a Lista roller cabinet and while the size and drawer weight issues are long gone, the action of the slides is falling shy of others I've used (stationary shop-owned cabinets.)

Instead of the two slides coming out at the same time like the other Lista cabinets I've used, mine stick back until the tab forces the other to slide forward. This is really annoying as I open these drawers many times a day and it creates a "pop" that is not only pretty loud but also shakes the whole drawer. If i lift up on the drawer pull this happens less. It doesnt matter which drawer or how much weight is in it. I've lubricated them with Tri-Flo which I like using for drawer slides because of its teflon base. At first I used gun oil but then disassembled, cleaned them, and applied Tri-Flo - no change.

Something to note: this has the newer style plastic rollers unlike the older cabinets with steel slides that have always operated properly. I've attached a few videos to help show what I'm talking about. Hopefully someone can help with fixing this. I've also included a videos of these weird tabs on the slides that I cant find any info about and which dont seem to do anything whether clicked "in" or "out."

The second video of the bottom drawer is the only drawer that opens properly.

Thanks,

Tyler

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube
I know this was long ago but did you ever figure this out?

I know this was long ago but did you ever figure this out?
Negative. I've learned to live with it. I've gotten used to lifting both up and out as I open the drawer. Weight doesn't seem to change it much. I have a couple drawers that have fixtures and whatnot and probably weigh over 100lbs and the thin upper drawers have between 20 and 40-50lbs (strictly guessing, never measured weight). It seems to be less on the lighter drawers.

Back