What's new
What's new

Lista drawer won’t fully close- help

prone2xl

Plastic
Hey guys first post here. Love the forums.
So I recently picked up a used Lista and in an attempt to restore I’ve cleaned the bearings with brake cleaner and cleaned the cabinet with engine degreaser and the slides are now a lot better and almost perfect but
I’m noticing my top 2 drawers are not able to close all the way leaving them slightly open. The bottom 3 drawers close like butter all the way. The third drawer somewhat catches the second drawer and opens it when I open the 3rd as well. It’s as if something is keeping the top 2 drawers from completely closing shut. I am very new to this type of project and wondering if anyone has any advice.
Pics of my cabinet In case that helps any. Thanks so much In advance
4e6c74a373592371590bb0012058945e.jpg

IMG_4519.jpgIMG_4521.jpgIMG_4530.jpgIMG_4531.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If drawer 3 is the same size as the top two see if it will go all the way in to position 1 & 2. If so, see if the top two will go into #3 space. If 3 goes into top two spaces properly, trouble is likely to be in 1 & 2 drawers. If drawer 3 sticks out in 1 & 2 positions, trouble is likely to be in slides or stops in positions 1 & 2.

Look carefully at slides and drawers for something bent or stop misplaced. If slides come out of cabinet, check to see if all same length. Possibly slides and drawers were interchanged and mismatched.

Paul

I had a Lista once. Sometimes if you try and close both at once, they'll succumb. As a safety thing, it usually won't allow more than one drawer at a time to open. Tipping threat.

Yeah the lock was drilled out. I’m not sure. Gonna try and use a diff drawer with diff slides and see if I get anything different. Doesn’t open too much, but just wish it would close flush lol. Just enough to nag ya !
0efaa9e98ad601ec1a7a48a641a38da4.jpg

3rd drawer handle goes in flush but others tuck out

Not Lister specific. Usually there is a stop that keeps the drawer from being pulled right out of the cabinet, usually a tab or clip that has to be opened. If this is not engaged properly when the drawer is replaced it can act as a stop in the wrong direction.

Just because the lock barrel has been drilled doesn't bean the locking bar in back has been removed. It's possible that the locking bar could have been bent or damaged at the same time.

Maybe. The rails definitely all want to come out when I pull out the drawer. (I have to basically use another hand to keep them from coming out with the drawer when i remove). Except for the bottom drawer. The rails are locked there and I can’t remove them. Wonder if this could potentially be the source ?

As someone else said the cabinets have a coordinating mechanism to keep more than one drawer from opening so the cabinet doesn't tip. Occasionally something in a drawer will drag the drawer above out and then neither drawer will close. The nomad fix is to get both drawers almost closed, then push them in together and all should be good.
Dennis

Yeah I tried closing both simultaneously last night without success. The drawers are entirely empty. I am attempting to restore the cabinet and cleaned it out. Can’t remember the drawer fit prior to my cleanout but given my picture after pickup (below) I think it was flush at one point. Hmmm
IMG_4473.jpg

If the drawer comes off the tracks when pulled the keeper is not set.

There should be a tab or protrusion on both drawer and slide that stop forward motion.

Normal is part on drawer is behind part on slide.

Sounds like opposite is true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah man my whole drawer and slide combo both come out very freely when I pull them for drawers 1-4. None have stopping mechanism. The bottom 5th drawer slide will NOT remove though. How do I get the others to do what it’s doing ?

So I’m a dummy- somehow I put the slides for the first 2 drawers in backwards. Was comparing them to the others today after work and the lightbulb went off! Shocker. Now everything is perfectly flush

Now- who knows if or how u can remove these drawer handles? It looks like they’re essentially not a separate entity and are attached to the drawer.

So I’m a dummy- somehow I put the slides for the first 2 drawers in backwards. Was comparing them to the others today after work and the lightbulb went off! Shocker. Now everything is perfectly flush

Now- who knows if or how u can remove these drawer handles? It looks like they’re essentially not a separate entity and are attached to the drawer.

The plastic end caps come off and the label/paper/whatever should slide out or just pop it out. Screws are behind there.

Back