What's new
What's new

Literature

Mister Sunday

Plastic
This is a start, can anyone suggest other books, computer programs, pamphlets, or any other media that you just find indispensable? Let me know
IMG_20181229_155250301.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Read it. Now you explain to me how it should have made me do anything differently.

It doesn't really bother me as is but I see the point.
Maybe something like. [Post your useful literature on this thread]
I posted something below.

Darle Dudley, Handbook of Practical Gear Design.

One by National Broach, the Red Ring Gear Manufacturing maybe ? It's more of a binder than a book but a ton of useful information and interesting examples.

The Fellows handbooks on gear shaping -- some stuff in there that will surprise you. I think I've seen scans of those online.

And one I don't know who wrote it, it's old, probably out of print but great primer on all types of grinding, The Grinding Wheel (I think).

Used bookstores used to be great :(

The Moore Trilogy.
"Precision Hole Location" by J. Robert Moore 1946, "Holes Contours and Surfaces" by Richard F. Moore & Fredrick C. Victory, and "Foundations of Mechanical Accuracy" by Wayne R. Moore.

I've read that one as well! I didn't realize it would be off topic, since the post was about machining literature in a section labeled as General on a machining forum. Hope everyone else found what they expected. Remember folks, the key to communication, is brevity.

You have answered your own question as to why the title "Literature" is not acceptable, on this forum, it is not concise and does not explain your topic/question.

DoAll's Fundamentals of Band Machining.

Brevity is the SOUL of WIT rather than communication.
Communication takes WHATEVER is necessary to get a point understood.

Back