What's new
What's new

Lodge and Shipley Powershift issues

bamabo

Plastic
I have a Lodge and Shipley powershift with the hydraulic gear shifters. I am having issues with the individual shifters inside the headstock not shifting from low to high gear.Anyone have an idea of where to get parts if possible?

I have a Lodge and Shipley powershift with the hydraulic gear shifters. I am having issues with the individual shifters inside the headstock not shifting from low to high gear.Anyone have an idea of where to get parts if possible?

Monarch Lathes, L.P.
Phone: 937-492-4111
Fax: 937-492-7958
Email: [email protected]

Sounds like a loose setscrew, sheared pin, or broken fork. I'd have a look inside.

The 24v contact block is checking good on all the individual contacts, but i think the hydraulic manifold that gets the signal from the block is the issue. This is one of those designs that looks good, but is destined to fail after some years of wear. I am the maintenance manager over a shop with 12
manual lathes ranging from 1948-1976 with the shortest bed we have just under 20'. The L and S I'm referring to is a Model 80 made in '76. This is a very heavy duty lathe and it runs well accept for the gear change mechanism.

Back