What's new
What's new

Is Long Island Indicator Repair still around???? havent recieved my indicators back!

tay2daizzo8

Hot Rolled
Hey guys, so i sent 3 of my .0001 Interapid test indicators out in April and havent heard anything back. sent multiple emails and tried calling against the recommendation on their web page.

i have used them in the past and everything went smoothly.

dont know if they closed up shop and my tools are sitting on a bench?

anybody have a clue or maybe has used them in recent months with success?
the email contact they have is suspicious...(@icloud something)

thank you

They can get visas and travel in this pandemic?? Maybe special Italian connections. Who knows?

Travel is tough, not impossible.

The info is posted by countries, carriers, and booking agencies, can change by the day or even within an hour.

That said, if your biz practice includes a summer shut-down? Then WHERE you go isn't the issue. Rome, Italy, Rome, NY, or Rome GA.

The shop is idled, regardless.

Travel is tough, not impossible.

The info is posted by countries, carriers, and booking agencies, can change by the day or even within an hour.

That said, if your biz practice includes a summer shut-down? Then WHERE you go isn't the issue. Rome, Italy, Rome, NY, or Rome GA.

The shop is idled, regardless.

why, oh why couldn't you be???:D

Most interesting feature of these LII threads, is: seems like there's a business model there. Unfilled niche.

What's the cost to repair an indicator? 1/10 the cost of a new one? 1/3 the cost?

Most interesting feature of these LII threads, is: seems like there's a business model there. Unfilled niche.

What's the cost to repair an indicator? 1/10 the cost of a new one? 1/3 the cost?

Well, with the guys going on their months-long vacations, I have to agree with you. :D

I'd WAG that actual parts cost may average 20% of new, add another 20% for labor and profit. I bet the issue is being consistent with repair time and return, if someone is good and can work with a week turnaround they could make some dough once the word got out.

MORE.. than the cost of a decent used-but-good.

An expert indicator tech can't bill his time any cheaper than any of the rest of us with bills to pay in the same general economy.

So.. I'd expect closer to 2/3rds .. if not now and then MORE than same-same, and quite OFTEN more than electronic versions that have fewer uber-precise MECHANICAL parts.

Similar to what happened with mechanical wristwatches when electronics were simply very accurate by their nature ... even when "cased" uber-cheaply.

I got really lucky on a ten-millionths-per division Hamilton Watch 4AGD DI.

Dorsey bought that whole branch from Hamilton, lock, stock, work in progress, tooling, and even hired the people.

But even Dorsey no longer list that ten-millionths all-mechanical model.

So there's an already also-obsolete BATTERY POWERED LCD faced Mahr "Millimess" in the drawer as well.

Can't boil that ocean. Gots to adapt.

LII charges about 1/3 the price. a new interapid can run you $300+. they charge 135 and it comes back like new...

needless to say i have to buy a new one and hope the other 3 show up someday..maybe for Christmas

Back