What's new
What's new

Looking for a brazer, joining steel using copper

bkv511

Plastic
Hi all,

New to the forums. I was wondering if anyone could recommend or suggest a business (preferably in the northeast US) which does copper brazing (brazing steel to steel using copper filler, I don't know if there is an easier way to put it). We have maybe a few hundred pieces every few months. We're exploring options, but from what we've looked at, copper brazers are not very common.

If more information is needed, please let me know. Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Hi all,

New to the forums. I was wondering if anyone could recommend or suggest a business (preferably in the northeast US) which does copper brazing (brazing steel to steel using copper filler, I don't know if there is an easier way to put it). We have maybe a few hundred pieces every few months. We're exploring options, but from what we've looked at, copper brazers are not very common.

If more information is needed, please let me know. Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

You basically need to find an outfit with a high temperature vacuum or hydrogen atmosphere furnace. We used to do this in house,
until they accidentally detonated the hydrogen furnace....

What is the spec for your filler? There are many different fillers containing Cu in different percentages and alloyed combinations, and knowing that can help determine if you need a furnace, flux, etc. That could then help narrow down which outfits to contact.

Last edited:

Back