What's new
What's new

Looking for internal carbide boring bar manufacturers (pref interchangable heads)

JJM

Plastic
Hello,

Short question, im looking for rigid internal carbide boring bars such as Sandvik SL system. ->

57-2C 32 218

Combined with "neutral" heads

57-DDXNR-32-11

Anyone know other tool manufacturers who might have similar system available?

Problem with sandvik is that they only manufacture SL carbide boring bars up to 25mm, which has too small insert sizes for the job.

I've thrown carrot to our local sandvik rep, but he couldn't even promise when we would get answer.

Tried to look other manufacturers myself, taegutec or someone else had almost similar system called modularbar i think.

Trying to sway away from solid carbide boring bars since if the seat gets damaged you usually have to buy new bar along the way. I've used/destroyed few sl heads so far in our carbide bars, but never actually managed to ruin the bar itself yet, i know the day is coming though.

Didn't bother looking it up but Kennametal is the king of tool holders. Their Carbide is overpriced garbage but they have the largest selection of tool holders in my mind.

What diameter are you looking for? Are you having a deflection issue or a chatter problem?

Deflection issue due to cutting depth, very low cutting speed etc. Up to 32mm, asked sandvik rep if they could make one for special about week ago, no reply sofar (Holiday season).

As for kennametal, i tried looking through their inventory and only found solid carbide, problem might be their website, can't seem to find anything from there, same problem as walters website. Guess i'll throw an email to their local reps, easier.

Back