Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole2534 View Post
    (things like 480v gensets to run 4160 equip), so the new engineer (my friend) is working to get the thing running. Time is important
    "Time is important" get yer head into those gen sets.

240/480 ELSE 208/416 Wye is REALLY common on built-in optioning, not even re-wiring required. Movable panelboard on the El Cheapo's, ELSE BIG ass switch on the higher-priced spread. 12-wire Marathon head on my Lister-Petter 4-banger, nowadays Marathon on Continental Diesel six, half a century ago.

Get the manuals. Take a maglite. Have a look.

If you really MEAN "4160"? I'm just puzzled at WTF?

NB: Moses Glick has been good to deal with, "as advertised, delivered on-time", as all my purchases have been at a distance, online, ebay "initially".

Also a remote source - value-for-money electrical goods, panels and motors mostly, NRi.

Scout first on ebay, there are also speciality houses that do circuit-breakers, new, NOS, used but tested, not just used and wiped with an oily rag to make them shiney.

I've had decent Copper wire pricing from "Wesbell".

"These days" order on-screen, goods come as far as they need to is what most folk HAVE to do. COVID has increased the percentage of what was already growing.

POS systems keep local brick-and-mortar shelf stock so dam' lean, that outfit has to order-in ANYWAY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post

It was a test. To know the Allen traveling circus & its many and several weird and/or amusing sideshows, you'd HAVE to be a Vermont native!

Ahhh, you sly dog. Not native, obviously, but it seems to suit me. Here's another VT story for you, then I'll leave the beleaguered OP in peace.

Back when the white settlers moved in and formed Towns, some antireligionist wags formed two adjacent Towns with the official names of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Time went on and a 19th century campaign to make place names in VT more palatable for tourism succeeded in changing the Town names to Calais (pronounced Callous) and Adamant. But there was still a Sodom Pond in Calais and a bill was brought in the VT house in 1905 to change its name. Discussion was opened and an older gentleman rose and said "Enough is enough, the damn soft youngsters are going too far, we need to respect our traditions. Besides, it weren't much of a pond anyway, I could piss halfway across it".

Whereupon the Speaker of the House pounded his gavel and cried "Sir, Sir, you are out of order!"

To which the reply was "Damn right I'm out of order, 20 years ago I could've pissed all the way across it!"

The name stayed...

...Back to Pennsyltucky, I THINK we had put more Governors up on felony charges than any other State East of the Mississippi by the time I left. Nought to do with morality, though. Grudge f**ks between opposing clans of thieves by turn-about, rather.
    Louisiana almost qualifies...

3. Likes cyanidekid liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by neilho View Post
    Besides, it weren't much of a pond anyway, I could piss halfway across it".

Whereupon the Speaker of the House pounded his gavel and cried "Sir, Sir, you are out of order!"

To which the reply was "Damn right I'm out of order, 20 years ago I could've pissed all the way across it!"
    ROFLMAO!

Mrs Kalaski, 7th grade McMurray, PA. ..would remind us now and then she was Lithuanian, only Polish "by injection".

Our class clown arrived late for class one day, she asked where he had been, and why?

He said a dog crossing McMurray Road had just been hit by a car right square in the ASS!

Kids are emotional, Mrs. K is simply schoolmarmish curt:

"You mean rectum!".

"Oh no, Mrs K. Much worse than that!

"Wrecked him Hell!"

"KILLED him!"

She DID crack a smile!

Dunno where he got the joke, but there was no dog involved that day.

5. Likes Joe Miranda liked this post