What's new
What's new

Looking to purchase new lathe and vertical/horizontal mill

DChief

Plastic
I'm working as a maintenance machinist and have been a machinist for over 20yrs. I've always ran the older machines like the Cincinnati gilberts, K&T's, American, LeBlond so forth and so on. I've been looking for a good K&T or Cincinnati as well as a good manual lathe however, the company has decided they want to purchase new equipment. Any suggestions as to what is out there that's new and reliable that can take the heavy cuts?

I'm working as a maintenance machinist and have been a machinist for over 20yrs. I've always ran the older machines like the Cincinnati gilberts, K&T's, American, LeBlond so forth and so on. I've been looking for a good K&T or Cincinnati as well as a good manual lathe however, the company has decided they want to purchase new equipment. Any suggestions as to what is out there that's new and reliable that can take the heavy cuts?

Had a look at what Monarch Lathe considers "supportable"?

Engine | Monarch Lathes

Germany's Weiler for lighter, Czech Trens for heavier.

South Korea's Webb/Whacheon might be a medium?

Okuma have a "teach in" manual/CNC hybrid. As do Cazeneuve, both medium and heavy.

LeBlond (Makino) as well?

"Had a look at what Monarch Lathe considers "supportable"?

Engine | Monarch Lathes

Okuma have a "teach in" manual/CNC hybrid. As do Cazeneuve, both medium and heavy.

LeBlond (Makino) as well?"

How about you fake machinist!, lets talk about your famous HBX 360 that leaks oil, or your famous Monarch ee lathes that dont run after you got them!
Big shot termite, cant keep even one of three lathes running, some Powerful Mentor your are.
Wait....you run a junkyard...ha ha ha ha ha!!!

"Had a look at what Monarch Lathe considers "supportable"?

Engine | Monarch Lathes

LeBlond (Makino) as well?"

How about you fake machinist!, lets talk about your famous HBX 360 that leaks oil, or your famous Monarch ee lathes that dont run after you got them!
Big shot termite, cant keep even one of three lathes running, some Powerful Mentor your are.
Wait....you run a junkyard...ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Have you had a brain scan recently? Did they find any grey matter?

Whats to you junior, if you dont like seeing the troll bashed dont look!
Please make it stop! Get some hair on you pencil......or whatever you have?

Lets be very clear, the troll decided to slander me, now I bash the creep every time this fake machinist post.
Got it!!!!!

The creep "termite" troll, should stop posting, Yuh Think....

The irony is that thermite's post (#2) is the only one in this thread that actually helps the OP. :rolleyes5:

Donie, now who's the troll?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

>>> OP, is a used (or even new) CNC out of the picture? If you're looking for good, heavy CNC iron I would start with Mori Seiki, Cincinnati, Okuma, Mazak, Doosan/Daewoo, etc.

Of course if your boss is fixated on new manual machines it puts the above options out of the window. In that event I would follow thermite's recommendations.

Sort of hard to protect a troll like termite, he provides no photos because he is a troll, try to defend that.
Oh, the troll claims anyone that questions him, has having a rotted brain, or you must be insane, you must be on drugs.
How can any one question the termite, the invisible god of Zamak metal?

Look, I say show some photos termite the troll! A troll cant give machine advice...

What size capacity do you need, and what is the budget? Out of curiosity, where you at in Virginia and what type of business is it where you work? What makes me curious is how different this place is compared to where I come from in So Cal. It seems like there isn't a good machinist supply store in the whole state, and the manufacturing support is lacking for secondary operations. Where I came from heat treaters, platers, and grind shops were a dime a dozen. It seems here those services are rare.

i've had real good luck with Fortune alot of there designs are Mori remakes but whos keepin notes
they take a hit like few others can and put chips on the window like a machine gun
support is "ok"

Lets be very clear, the troll decided to slander me,
I class that as an impossibility, but never mind.

For the benefit of those who might have "just tuned in".

All those YEARS ago, I told you THEN that by posting links to YOUR OWN BAD BEHAVIOUR that you had put into PUBLIC RECORD, all over the internet, not JUST on PM...all I was doing was holding up the internet equivalent of a MIRROR...

And that your own worst enemy who had posted all that s**ty "slander" to be SEEN IN that "mirror"' was no one else but YOUR OWN SELF!

That you believe you can blame "A.N. OTHER" is only further proof of the classical "wound collector" mental abberation.

Another tell-tale sign? You have been in unhinged lying rage mode for long years.

You didn't have the least shred of credibilty at the outset. NOBODY but yerself gave a damn WHAT you thought or said.

Your credibilty went downhill from there.

It is so low now, you could find work as an underwater drill rig inspector in even the deepest of oceans.

You still think that OTHERS are going to bail-out under the "pressure" of SILLY S**T, endlessly repeated?

There's that other definition. Doing the same damned dumbass thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome is generally accepted as a clear indication of insanity.

IF anyone even gave a shit.

The s**t you posted years ago it still there. Whether I or any other PM member was or never.

The s**t you are posting NOW will still be there into the future. Whether I or any other PM member is or never.

I am not he who keyed your silly feelthy-mouthed s**t and posted it.

You WERE.

You still ARE!

Wells-Index still makes the 860 Vertical/Horizontal combo machine with 40 taper I think. Maybe not as heavy as a K&T or a Cincy, but you did mention horizontal? They also make some with intro-CNC controls and stuff.

What size capacity do you need, and what is the budget? Out of curiosity, where you at in Virginia and what type of business is it where you work? What makes me curious is how different this place is compared to where I come from in So Cal. It seems like there isn't a good machinist supply store in the whole state, and the manufacturing support is lacking for secondary operations. Where I came from heat treaters, platers, and grind shops were a dime a dozen. It seems here those services are rare.

This is nearly as true today as when an "agrarian" State entered the Civil war and had so few iron works ISTR it was makers of cookstoves and the black iron cookware used atop them as had to try to learn to cast cannon that didn't blow up when fired!

We DO have a major shipyard, Newport News. Otherwise, half of the State is raising pigs for Chinese to eat, or tobacco for them to smoke, the other half is living off Government projects that push electrons or even still dead-tree paper by the megaton.

Lets be very clear, the troll decided to slander me, now I bash the creep every time this fake machinist post.
Got it!!!!!

The creep "termite" troll, should stop posting, Yuh Think....

Get some hair on my pencil? I think you need to get some on your head,this should help to keep the very little grey matter that you have,
warm.
There is only one person who is in the least bit concerned with your problems with Thermite, YOU. I suggest that you write a letter to yourself pointing out all your problems with him. Post it to yourself and when it arrives read it to yourself. This should give you the opportunity to realise what the problems are. Now you realise who(you) the problem is go and play in the traffic,this is the best cure I can offer.

For the mill, consider an Abene VF3 made in Sweden. Its not a big mill, but it is heavier than a Bridgeport and is a combination horizontal and vertical.

Tom

Seen one. PaulM had it, Upton,MA. Helluva lot neater rig than my Quartet as combo mills go!

Also more compact than a Van Norman of similar capability.

Also not easy to find, US market.

I thot they went-over to CNC and carried-on, but their last website dead-ends?

Get some hair on my pencil? I think you need to get some on your head,this should help to keep the very little grey matter that you have,
warm.
There is only one person who is in the least bit concerned with your problems with Thermite, YOU. I suggest that you write a letter to yourself pointing out all your problems with him. Post it to yourself and when it arrives read it to yourself. This should give you the opportunity to realise what the problems are. Now you realise who(you) the problem is go and play in the traffic,this is the best cure I can offer.

Ah, s**t! drama-queen has been fishing for MONTHS to collect a new "wound".

Now he'll run a new lie that there is an Evil Brit wanting him run down by all the motorcars in bligthy running in first gear, lined up in tandem!

Tough crowd, PM can be.

Can I at least get the cold drinks concession if the spectator tickets are sold-out and popcorn is already booked?

"Ah, s**t! drama-queen has been fishing for MONTHS to collect a new "wound".

Now he'll run a new lie that there is an Evil Brit wanting him run down by all the motorcars in bligthy running in first gear, lined up in tandem!

Tough crowd, PM can be.

Can I at least get the cold drinks concession if the spectator tickets are sold-out and popcorn is already booked?"

Oh, now get this, Rooster Fish Bill, has three lathes that dont run! His little buddy let it out, that "the trolls HBX 360" needs a little work., leaks a little oil, but maybe some radiator fixit can stop the leak?
So, the big shot with all knowledge cant keep one machine going, is going to advise who?

Ha, as many little troll supporters that help this fraud, there are many others that are sick of the charade!
The troll has no machines that run, no photos, no work, a waste of a pimple of a man.....
LVTVzjm.jpg

Show a shot of your ee Rooster Fish Bill! Come on you liar!

Back