Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was going to say donie is like a broken record, but this is worse than a broken record. At least that's usually playing something pleasing to the ears.

O. P. There probably isn't much new out there that can take the heavy cuts like the old U.S.-made iron. Today's machines are made to the bean-counter's tune in most cases. Even most of those that aren't are switching over to the high speed, light depth of cut mentality.

2. Likes MetalCarnage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

so what kretz?
    I happen to not like trolls, I follow them and expose them!!! Blah blah, use your handy ignore button?!?!

Get your favorite troll to show one photo, of his junk yard!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pretty rare but the Rambaudi UR 60 does most everything. Similar to Abene but with a quill. Weighs about 5700 lbs and 5 hp on the spindle. Table has a long 45+" traverse. Davedscn3910.jpg. Dave

5. Likes TheOldCar liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by beckerkumm View Post
    Similar to Abene but with a quill.
    Isn't there a quill option for the Abene ? Thought I saw that when I was looking at the brochure ... right before I fell over from the price. Was $26,000 at that time, iirc. God knows now ....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post
    so what kretz?
    I happen to not like trolls, I follow them and expose them!!! Blah blah, use your handy ignore button?!?!

Get your favorite troll to show one photo, of his junk yard!
    How about instead you post some shit that's actually worth reading and drop the rest. Nobody cares about your vendetta. Nobody. Take it to PMs if you're that desperate to write the guy a love letter, for crying out loud. It's gotta be love, because nobody obsesses like that otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Nobody cares about your vendetta. "
    kretz, the troll certainly does, I am not doing anything the troll has not already done to me. Like, follow me around and shit on my threads, so I follow the termite around and let those that do not already, know the troll is a fake, will not produce a single photo "like I just did".
    Remember how well the ignore button works kretz, you have said so yourself, so use it and enjoy emptiness.
    So in all troll fairness and rules, its bash the fake as he pops up.....

The termite cant keep a machine running, ha ha ha ha ....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Isn't there a quill option for the Abene ?
    There's mention of it as a "drilling quill' option for the VH3, yes. Seriously rare, though. Many of those "mentions" are someone who had heard they exist, and is trying to get their hands on one!

There are downsides to that 45-degree positioning, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bill, you are a liar, you have zero background as a machinist.
    You must go back to the "short buss Monarch forum" and learn how to fix the two machines you messed up, and now fail to run, then, get some gasket goo to fix the leak in you HBX 360, before all the oil runs out.
    Then take a progress photo!

not my Axelson, but take some photos like that.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a Cincinnati No.4 horizontal and a Lagun FTV vertical. The Lagun is much better than a Bridgeport series 1 but it has R8 and it's not the big table unit. The Cincinnati is fantastic the once a year I get a job for it. Other than that it just takes up space. Issue is I have about $25k of tooling for the Cincinnati and I am not just walking away from pallets of tooling.

So I ended up looking for exactly what you are looking for but also be able to take the place of the Lagun for vertical work. So 40 taper and 5hp and bigger table on the vertical side.

There a few possible candidates. The Rambaudi is one as long as you get it with the gear head and NOT the belt head. Issue is they are very scarce and there are no parts. Also not as big travels.

So for buy it new the best I could find was the Sharp VH3. The travels are within an inch of the Cincinnati and while the table isn't as big the area under overarm for horizontal work is nearly exactly the same. At just short of 6K pounds it isn't the 10k Cincinnati but then again you probably won't be slab milling cast iron three shifts a day so you really don't need that.

Sharp 51" x 11" Vertical / Horizontal Milling Machine, VH-3 - Norman Machine Tool

The other one that I found and I know my heart can't take the price is one of the combo machines from Lagun. Probably cost $100k but so did a new Shizouka manual when Tesla bought one from the local machinery dealer so not surprising.

Universal Horizontal Mill FUTV-185-EF - Republic Lagun Mills

Please keep the drama out of the informational threads please. This kind of help is why people come to this website and overly verbose responses are bad enough without having cringe replies to go with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Please keep the drama out of the informational threads please. This kind of help is why people come to this website and overly verbose responses are bad enough without having cringe replies to go with them."

Yes, I will bash the troll whenever he pops that fugly face up, dont worry, I am on it!
    Use that ignore button that works so well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I was looking for a vertical, horizontal, the mills marketing under Jafo, polamco, Toolmex all looked like good machines and probably a more sensible choice than the UR60. The heads swivels left and right vs forward and back but the #2 size is about 5000 bls so it is manageable. Deckel and Schaublin would be smaller but more expensive choices.

For small lathes, I have a Smart Brown 1024. They tend to be cheaper than a 10EE but much more rare. Some parts are available in the UK. The three speed motor and Matrix clutch are the potential issues to watch for. The S and B does lend itself to a vfd conversion, particularly if the transmission is working well. The 8-1 ratio of the back gear and the 3.6-1 of the Matrix allow for an 1800 rpm motor that can be run overspeed to give a 20-3000 range. Here is my motor swap with a new mounting plate.dscn3413.jpgdscn3401.jpgdscn3913.jpg. Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm sure as hell going to give ignore a try. Jeezus H Keerist get a life!

15. Likes camscan, kenh liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post
    "Please keep the drama out of the informational threads please. This kind of help is why people come to this website and overly verbose responses are bad enough without having cringe replies to go with them."

Yes, I will bash the troll whenever he pops that fugly face up, dont worry, I am on it!
    Use that ignore button that works so well!
    You SHOULD BE on yer meds, actually.

You aren't "bashing" anyone but your own self, fool.

Take your endless stream of lies and their ABYSMAL low-quality for example:

"My Mother died of COVID".

Walla Walla County published yer Dad's obit. Yer living in his house!

Seems yer Mum - with her OWN house - might beg to differ... over being reported prematurely dead ...for a while longer yet? All because her truant Son wanted attention?

Suck f**k, indeed, to pull a stunt like that on a globally indexed forum for "sympathy"!

"You have never worked anywhere"?

Now.. take any random adult, any continent on Planet Earth ... just how b***y LIKELY is a damned-fool lie of that sort to apply?

To ANYONE.

"Not very likely" works for most readers?

And all you have done is further confirmed you are chock full of annoying bool-s**t.

Yet again, as usual.

Not that there was ever a great deal of DOUBT on that, oh blustering, festering infantile Queen of Drama, motorsickles, and great fortunes earned as the West Coast's gift to hydraulics rebuild.. and cheap-saw arbours?

"Hydraulics?" How so?

Perhaps as-in reversing your own intestinal peristalsis ... so as to suck dirty dishwater up yer ass to cool your overheated hate-machine, is it?

"Carry on!", wound collector.

You do and you will, regardless!

Can't help it. It's your nature, DNA dice-rolls as they be.

Even so, it could be wiser - and even a KINDNESS to mankind - you should motor-off to go f**k yourself in private ... rather than making such a public spectacle of the progression of your sad decline of f**king yourself to the very death in PUBLIC?

Masochism ... paranoia... megalomania.. insignificant habitual loser.. and wound collecting?

Messy combination when amplified by the internet... VERY!

"QED"

Globally, even.

More's the pity..

What next?

Why, yet-another BORING round of "dastardly donie" the drama-queen "porker of skanks in Carmine's black and blue" ... f**king himself .... in public.

Yet again. As usual.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Donnie has gone Feral.

Donnie boy your showing you ass.

Knock it off. You’ve done nothing but annoy EVERYONE beside thermite.

Time to face the music.

You’ve lost control.

This is an intervention.

We’re gonna get you clean you thermite addict.

We care about you Donnie and can’t just sit by and watch you go downhill like this.

Please Donnie.

Put
    Down
    The
    Keyboard.

For your pm family!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewblob View Post
    Donnie boy your showing you ass.

Knock it off. You’ve done nothing but annoy EVERYONE ^^^ except ^^^ thermite.

Time to face the music.

You’ve lost control.

This is an intervention.

We’re gonna get you clean you thermite addict.

We care about you Donnie and can’t just sit by and watch you go downhill like this.

Please Donnie.

Put
    Down
    The
    Keyboard.

For your pm family!
    "Annoy" a thermite? Bring rations for a thousand years of effort.

non omnis moriar

OTOH? Being "kind to a Masochist" is considered seriously Sadistic!

More genteel to let him continue to "manipulate himself".... if you get the meaning?

When the over-sized photos of other people's Axelson cease, we will then have proof it actually DOES make the most chronic of self-abusers go blind?

Now THERE is a Public Service FINALLY worthy of praise!

Surely would not want to have to conduct such an experiment our OWN selves, now, would we?

A body could starve clear to death at the rate the poor bugger wanks his mind if not also his aged body.

Meanwhile... busy day. Got a weed-whacker to reload.

Kinda neat it cranks its own "string" cord into the hub.

First thing with a "Ryobi" label on it I've seen in ages that actually does the damned job it was touted to do.

'Ryobi Dyer-san" could work?

He's got the whack job part mastered as-of YEARS ago.

Now to get the kevlar cord started up 'is arse, out his mouth, and crank the head around? Replace his one-stroke power, dry, with TWO-stroke @ 50:1 oil mix, annnnnddd...

Bingo!

"Gainful employment" even for a COVID-orphan, heroically whacking the living piss out of poison-ivy so no one more useful need risk the Urushiol allergy?

Everybody has to be good at SOMETHING?

A minute of silence in advance for the poor unsuspecting poison-ivy.

It will never have had the ghost of a chance against a world-class whack-job, will it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Holy balls, I'm ignoring both of you guys. Good grief.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by akjeff View Post
    Holy balls, I'm ignoring both of you guys. Good grief.
    No foul.

That works.

Worming a horse to rid it of parasites is messy bizness no one really cares to watch EITHER!

Least of all he with instruments in one hand,:

https://www.amazon.com/Ideal-Instrum.../dp/B000HHQ3XY

...the poor horse's TONGUE - or small-d-the-drama-queen's KEYBOARD he cannot control.. in the other hand!

Patience. Veterinary Medicine at work!

Meanwhile, PM's normal activity flows right around the useless c**t rather well with "ignore" option active.

It shouldn't be long, he's off in search of a new internet forum to bully.

No meat left for him on PM's bones, now that the "COVID orphan's" inherent nature is so deep in the PM record as to be undeniably malicious.

Not to mention childishly stooopid...

Away with yah, drama-queen.

Millions of eager fire hydrants await that yah ain't yet pissed-on to stake yer grandious claim!

MULTIPLE Millions of terlet seats yah ain't yet missed the hole and shat on the seat of, too!

Many ain't yet even been PHOTOGRAPHED, let alone had lies told to them!
    Go for it! Shout-down a terlet seat!

How can yah possibly resist such temptation!

A touch of crazy glue on yer crazy arse, and a toilet seat not only won't argue, it will follow you wherever you go.... warmly embracing yer ass, the whole while!

Try it. You'll LIKE it!

So many new enemies to make. So many wounds to collect. So many shitters to bend to your impressive will!

So little time!

Access to this page has been denied.
    Last edited by thermite; 10-18-2020 at 02:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

" A touch of crazy glue on yer crazy arse, and a toilet seat not only won't argue, it will follow you wherever you go.... warmly embracing yer ass, the whole while!"
    Termits perts on his wittle winkey.. Yah Yah Yah!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardplates View Post
    I would be curious to know if they found anything at all
    Silly Putty

Ed.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I didn't know TDS stood for "Thermite derangement syndrome".

24. Likes atex57 liked this post