What's new
What's new

Looking for rebuilt Bridgeport

PT Doc

Cast Iron
I have searched on "Bridgeport" and it comes up with posts from 2008. Links to suppliers of rebuilt Bridgeports were not valid.

I continue to try searching but is there a choice rebuilder of Bridgeport mills that you can vouch for?

There is a rebuilder on eBay that seems to completed many per month but I'd like to get some actual recommendations and opinions.

Thank you for the help.

IN older posts, member sidecar was recommended many times and highly at that. Website for him that I found is not valid. Is he out of the bp rebuilding game?

Any other highly regarded, quality rebuilders out there?

I think you are referring to John Fahnestock, aka sidecar580, as I recall. I haven't seen posts from him lately, and I recall some mention of his impending retirement a few years back. The company name MAY have been J&L Scraping, or close to that.

In addition to H&W, there are many other firms that do machinery repair and reconditioning, some in Calif. may be closer to you.

Thanks spec fab. I assume there are many rebuilders but having referrals means a lot to me. Spending thousands on a mill that I'm told was rebuilt well by the rebuilder doesn't carry as much weight as the same from a rebuilder that has a great reputation. Sidecar seemed to have a strong following on this site and that means a lot.

If anyone else has other names I would appreciate it.

Thanks spec fab. I assume there are many rebuilders but having referrals means a lot to me. Spending thousands on a mill that I'm told was rebuilt well by the rebuilder doesn't carry as much weight as the same from a rebuilder that has a great reputation. Sidecar seemed to have a strong following on this site and that means a lot.

If anyone else has other names I would appreciate it.

Dumb question.. Why a "Bridgeport".... From that H&W website, they also sell new Sharps for the same
price as a "refurb" Bridgeport..

If the reason is that you want American Iron.. Get a Wells Index.. Its still an American company,
and still supported..

Back