What's new
What's new

Looking for recommendation of excellent anodize shop

G1K

Cast Iron
The two shops I am using now are not capable of handling my parts with care resulting in a lot of rework and scrap. For reference the largest part will fit inside a 6" cube. All parts are individually bagged and in cases with custom foam cutouts to prevent damage during shipping. Any scratch or ding is cause for reject.

I'm looking for recommendations for a US based shop that will treat my parts as if they are the crown jewels of London. The material is 2024 aluminum, and the anodize spec is Mil-A-8625, Type 1, Class 1 and seal in Nickel Acetate.

My current volume is ~3000 parts per year (comprised of several different part numbers).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

The two shops I am using now are not capable of handling my parts with care resulting in a lot of rework and scrap. For reference the largest part will fit inside a 6" cube. All parts are individually bagged and in cases with custom foam cutouts to prevent damage during shipping. Any scratch or ding is cause for reject.

I'm looking for recommendations for a US based shop that will treat my parts as if they are the crown jewels of London. The material is 2024 aluminum, and the anodize spec is Mil-A-8625, Type 1, Class 1 and seal in Nickel Acetate.

My current volume is ~3000 parts per year (comprised of several different part numbers).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

southwest metal finishing in phoenix az is who we ship to. I wont ever use another company again.....never do we get parts back that are sticky or half asses and anodize flakes off.

dod/aerospace shop here.

have lost many parts due to shitty anodize, strip and rechrome, etc by local platers with not much expertise. they would offer to redo, and hold dimensions ah ha ha ha, cover with magic marker, then offer free plating as comp when parts looked and measured as shit. a buyer told me years ago to use only their approved plater, took my stuff there. wow. beautiful, reasonable priced work. many different processes. call & chat with these guys.... Coating Systems Inc - Surface Finishing Leader since 1992 Lowell Ma

disclaimer: it has been 10+ years since ive sent parts out. if I had parts tomorrow, id send them there. and they are closer to you, tho in these days when parts ship back and forth quicker, may not be such an issue.

We use Alpha Metal Finishing Company in Dexter, MI, and they have been great. Home - Alpha Metal Finishing

Like others we went through several processors with poor results before finding Alpha. Originally I wanted to find someone closer (we're in NC), but it's worth the extra day or two shipping to get reliable quality.

Hillock Anodize, Inc.
Hillock Anodizing
In Northeast Philly
For local businesses they offer free pick up and delivery 3X per week.
This is a big cost savings for us.

Excellent work, reliable and trustworthy, fair prices
They are quite large and run 3 shifts.
Good people, family owned, stable staff with low turnover
Very knowledgeable and they handle regular type II sulphuric, ptfe impregnation, colors, hard coat & more.

Check out their website they are ISO and AS9100 certified.
They have an expediter and you can speak with the owner if you need to.

They told me they have large baths/tanks so they can handle large parts if needed.

They do work for Boeing commercial and military, Airbus and other aircraft companies.
They deal with defense and regular shops.
Most shops in our area use them, so if you can use UPS or FedEx they would be able to help you too.

Thanks for the recommendations so far. Unfortunately only one of the companies mentioned above lists Chromic Acid Anodize as an available process.

I have a few phone calls to make to confirm.

Ryan

It's the other side of the state from you but Tru-Tone in Brooklyn has done a few thousand parts for me over the past 10 years. From the size of a thumbnail up to 36" long, I've never had them lose or damage a part. They do Chromic Acid process. Pricing always seemed fair to me considering the quality.

Services — Tru-Tone Metal Products, inc.

We have used Chrome Plus International in Wichita for chromic with good results. They may have a little slower turnaround than some places though.

Back