What's new
What's new

Looking for a safety stop collar for delta Rockwell drillpress. (2 3/4”)

Mborromeo

Plastic
Looking for a delta Rockwell safety stop collar for a 15” drill press with a 2 3/4” column. Really appreciate it if someone has one laying around. Thanks!

What used to be a good source for all things Rockwell was a placed called Plaza Machinery in Vermont. They may be out of business but I did find some hints and contact info. Send an email to [email protected] and see if he can help you out. Other option is to try Rockwell themselves. They keep an ever dwindling and obscure set of replacement parts around for machines they no longer make and sell. Yours might be one of them. Be sure to have exact machine model number handy for either place.

-DU-

What used to be a good source for all things Rockwell was a placed called Plaza Machinery in Vermont. They may be out of business but I did find some hints and contact info. Send an email to [email protected] and see if he can help you out. Other option is to try Rockwell themselves. They keep an ever dwindling and obscure set of replacement parts around for machines they no longer make and sell. Yours might be one of them. Be sure to have exact machine model number handy for either place.

-DU-

Thanks I’ll give it a shot hoping to find someone who has one laying around.

You can easily make one:

Heat a piece 1/8" by 12" and bend around the column for the circular part.
Heat the two ends of the steel and bend around a square form.
Then drill the two bolt holes.

Looking for a delta Rockwell safety stop collar for a 15” drill press with a 2 3/4” column. Really appreciate it if someone has one laying around. Thanks!

Really appreciate the feedback here guys. I have a piece of thick wall 2 3/4” pipe I halved and welded ears on and ran bolts through. Works good I’m looking for an original part.

Really appreciate the feedback here guys. I have a piece of thick wall 2 3/4” pipe I halved and welded ears on and ran bolts through. Works good I’m looking for an original part.

Probably should have said this in post #1, not post #7 eh ?.....:nutter:

Have you checked eBay?: drill press depth stop

Ken

Yea There’s some stop rod rod collars with an eye for the stop rod. There’s some safety collars like I’m looking for but they’re for a 17” rockwell dp but they have the bigger column. Mines a 15”. May just get a different brand same era one idk.

I have a drill press with a similar stop collar. You can make one to look exactly the same. All you need is a little metal, a small torch, and a hand file. Then a dip in a hot oil bath or some gun blue.

Back