What's new
What's new

Looking for a source for 1" diameter black delrin

Try professional plastics, they have been good to us, they call it acetal, delrin is a brand name.

2445 Edison Blvd, Twinsburg, OH 44087
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM
Phone: (888) 329-6774

Delrin in acetal homopolymer. Acetal usually means acetal copolymer. Delrin has slightly better mechanical properties, but Acetal has slightly better chemical resistance.

Plastics International here in MN is a great source. If SpeeDee delivery makes it to your neck of the woods, they will ship full length 10 footers.

I use Sterling Plastics in Lino Lakes, MN. They have been good to work with and stock lots of material.

Sent from my rotary dial flip fone

I will call all the places you guys listed. Total Plastics in Middleburg is $4.05 per ft., McMaster is $4.49 per ft.

Last edited:
Boeddeker is right up the road from me in Shiner. Go have a Shiner Broak at the brewery after picking up the plastic...
Oh, never mine. You're up in Ohio. Sorry, Ken

I'm looking at land in Texas. What is Victoria like?

Too close to the coast unless you are into gulf fishing. Get a lot of tropical weather off the gulf during the summer. Stays hot most of the year and humid. If you have allergies, Victoria is not the place to move to. There is very little manufacturing industry here anymore. Oilfield has pretty much left this area. Shiner would be a nice area to locate to IMO. Nice small town of about 7K population. Ken

Too close to the coast unless you are into gulf fishing. Get a lot of tropical weather off the gulf during the summer. Stays hot most of the year and humid. If you have allergies, Victoria is not the place to move to. There is very little manufacturing industry here anymore. Oilfield has pretty much left this area. Shiner would be a nice area to locate to IMO. Nice small town of about 7K population. Ken

I don't really want humidity. How about the other side of the state - maybe in the panhandle - amarillo-ish - any experience with that area?

I don't really want humidity. How about the other side of the state - maybe in the panhandle - amarillo-ish - any experience with that area?

You get used to it, unless a health reason is keeping you away from it. I live just a little south of Tampa, FL, about 7-8 miles from the gulf. I can't stand the "cold" (ya know 40-50deg :D), I am actually very comfortable now at about 80-85 degrees. Matter of fact, I don't really mind the 90's much anymore, except doing yard work. YUCK!

Back