What's new
What's new

Looking for Source of 4130 Normalized Flat Bar 1/2" x 5"

Prostocktom

Aluminum
Hello,

I have beat the internet for days and have called dozens of places. I know they make it because I used to buy it from a seller that is no longer in business. Need about 20 ft. for a project. Really appreciate any and all help sourcing this material

Thanks,
Tom

Hello,

I have beat the internet for days and have called dozens of places. I know they make it because I used to buy it from a seller that is no longer in business. Need about 20 ft. for a project. Really appreciate any and all help sourcing this material

Thanks,
Tom

Well f**k's sake. A whole 20 FEET?

1/2" X SIX inch is "standard" and common. So is ten inch wide.

Just one more day in the life of "Ivan Denisovitch" machina-shit-ist to have to make CHIPS working it to size. This is unusual? Why do recyclers exist?

Easier than working with UNDER sizes and a TiG rig, yah?

:D

Primary steel alloys are competitive "commodities". BIGTIME. Not really a lot of profit in the common ones atall.

Yah don't mind taking a minimum of a few hundred tons at a go, six or more month lead-time before the batch is even scheduled, then rail, containership, twin-screw Peterbilt, or all of the above delivery lag?

There's mills all over the planet can roll it for yah. Just not one bar at a go, every once in a while.

You DID say "no longer in business", yah?

Back