What's new
What's new

Looking for a source for small plastic water trap bowls

DavidScott

Diamond
Looking for quantities of 25 or so at the best price. They will be used for vacuum so no pressure. The one in the photo is 1-3/8" in diameter by 2-1/2" long. The size or thread is not critical but I want something fairly close. Here are some photos showing the bowl and my current setup, which obviously has some shortcomings but has worked for a few years now.

I have done some searches for it but haven't figured out the right search terms to get what I want.

Trap.jpgVac-Setup.jpg

I'm just looking for the plastic bowl and nothing else. What I have in the photo is Parker Hannifin from McMasterCarr. I have the part # for the bowl so if nothing else I can find out what they would cost, the whole thing was $38 from McMaster-Carr. I was hoping to find something more generic for around $3. It does need to screw on to make the head easier to make.

Last edited:
Rather than screw on, you could do as the old gasoline filter bowls and use a bale or similar. Does the bowl need to be clear? Turn one out of polycarbonate and wipe with methylene cloride. Use a piece of clear PVC pipe to make the bowl with a metal cap. McM-c 4740K64. $7/ft.

Tom

It has to be clear so you can see how much coolant is in it. If it fills up with coolant you can know the part you are machining is about to become unclamped. The bottom has to be free for the dump valve every time the vacuum is cut.

Back