What's new
What's new

Looking for supplier of c12 carbide

I have no idea where to start. I have never purchased raw carbide blocks before and doing a search for c12 carbide brings up several sites but I still cannot find a place that sells blocks. In China, yes. Lots of leads through alibaba and I may end up there if I have to.

Try here, price in line and good people.
Quality Carbide Metals, Inc.- carbide blank manufacturing – custom carbide blanks, carbide tooling, carbide preforms, carbide nozzles, tungsten carbide manufacturing, carbide tips
also here:
Tungstemet Carbide Products | A Jennmar Company
Lots of room in a C12 from old school until now. Unsure what you need or if a 13 or 14 works.
I know of no one that will have it on the shelf in any of these impact grades so prepare to buy a custom run.

For those who C12 carbide is weird you use it for building hammers and anvils. Think way softer but super tough C2.
It bends before it breaks or cracks if that makes any sense....How about takes a beating and keeps on ticking but I will show some serious wear around the edges...

Once there were at least 50 or more US suppliers of this type product. Now a handful. Somebody bought most of them and consolidated.
Bob

I was going to suggest leech carbide from nearby Meadville, pa
However, looking at their website, the grades they have are
all proprietary.

Maybe Bob can xlate their grades to what the OP needs.

Thank you gentlemen. The purpose of the carbide is for cutting dies and punches. I will be making small aerospace contacts from .004 thick BeCu and estimated production runs will be in the millions of parts over the next 5 years. I chose C12 thinking this would be the best grade. Am I correct or would a different grade be better and more readily available?

Back