UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default looking for a tool

Hey guys,
    Hope someone can help. I was watching a you tube video. it was Mrpete222(Tubalcain ). he was making a small machinist clamp. If you watch the second video in the project. he is using a really nice scribe. was wondering if any of you folks out here in machining world , know it that is still an available tool? SHOP TIPS #276 How to Make a Toolmaker's Clamp Pt 2 of 2 tubalcain - YouTube like the look of it. been all over the net , and even wood working, still have not seen it . thanks. i am still in school, and want to start getting good tools, this is an item i want! thank you !

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    Hey guys,
    Hope someone can help. I was watching a you tube video. it was Mrpete222(Tubalcain ). he was making a small machinist clamp. If you watch the second video in the project. he is using a really nice scribe. was wondering if any of you folks out here in machining world , know it that is still an available tool? SHOP TIPS #276 How to Make a Toolmaker's Clamp Pt 2 of 2 tubalcain - YouTube like the look of it. been all over the net , and even wood working, still have not seen it . thanks. i am still in school, and want to start getting good tools, this is an item i want! thank you !
    Amazon.com: Starrett 7A Pocket Scriber With Hardened Steel Point, 2-3/8" Point Length, 1/4" Handle Diameter: Home Improvement

dee
    ;-D

3. Likes tcseacliff liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If that's the one you are talking about, what's so special about it. I have a no-name, carbide tipped scribe that I like better.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EPAIII View Post
    If that's the one you are talking about, what's so special about it. I have a no-name, carbide tipped scribe that I like better.
    looks,like it thanks. Hey,I am new to machining and in school now. there are crap scribes here in the class. there is nothing special about it ,I just like the look of it. it is special to me! all you had to do was say"here is the one you want" i did not need your opinion on my crap choice.

6. Likes Mr. Haney liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thanks! Just saw that Starrett also makes a 2 7/8 point.think that may have been the one in video. close enough!