What's new
What's new

Looking for work

Blobis

Plastic
Hello everyone. I currently work in a machine shop, responsible for setup and programming of 13 machines ( Lathes and Mills ). I have a Lathe in my garage and they do give me small jobs to do at home ( like a vendor ) for extra cash, actually a lot of cash.
All small bar feed jobs so it pretty much runs its self wi'll I do other stuff around the house, ( yard work, watch TV ). I want to retire soon and just be a small vendor out of my house. So my question is, where do I look for those small jobs outside of the company I work for, a web sight? travel around from shop to shop looking for those jobs Machine shops always send out, cause some jobs are to small and annoying? I know dumb question, but iv'e never tried to become a Vendor before with my own small shop.
Any advice? anyone?

Adding a little more to the "here" angle, take a look over in the commerce section, there is a subforum for members to field RFQs to each other. Browse through a few pages of those and ask yourself how many of them seem like a good fit for what you are looking to do. Maybe even post a bid or two on active ones.

Back