What's new
What's new

O.T. Heading to Louisville Kentucky

Welcome.

If you're into independent high quality restaurants head to the Bardstown Road/Baxter Avenue area.

For a nice but casual restaurant we like a place called K.T.'s on Lexington Rd.

There is a hole in the wall Vietnamese/Thai place on Baxter we like called Lemongrass Cafe.

Pizza: We like Za's on Bardstown Rd, but Wick's on Baxter is popular.

The Frazier Historical arms museum is neat...I think it's been renamed, but Frazier is still in there.

Louisville Slugger Museum/Factory is also downtown...never been there though.

Patton Museum (Tanks and weapons) is at Ft. Knox...30 minutes south of Louisville.

Kentucky Center for the Arts might have some highbrow entertainment for you.

Fourth Street Live is the nightlife scene with a bunch of bars and restaurants. Downtown.

The aforementioned Bardstown/Baxter area is rife with bars/clubs too.

If you need more specifics just ask.

-James

I would add that Clifton's Pizza on Frankfort Ave. has very good pizza and other Itialian dishes and live music wed. and fri. for sure. Also, there is Steve Rays bar on Main street with blues on friday and sat.

Lou. Ky has lots of good restruants and night clubs. As stated Bardstown road from the head of Broadway south has good spots.

I would recomend The Hill Street Fish Fry for the best fish in town. It is a very small informal place that a friend of mine runs. Los Aztecas is tops for mexican. If you like suit and tie fine dineing, and you dont mind spending several hours of your hard earned pay, try Vinchenzos Italian Restaurant. They have about 2000 selections on their wine list.
There are a two art gallery trolley hops, on some friday nights, but I dont know when they run. Jansen Industrial is a great source for used machines, motors, steel, some tooling and industrial supplies.
There is the Louisville Slugger Museum, the Fraizier Arms Mueseum, The Kentucky Derby Museum or If you want to see an antique machine tool museum... I mean a first class industrial blacksmith and machine shop, stop and see me! Danny

If you are into shopping for tools - mostly mechanics and woodworking...
Bargain Supply downtown on Jefferson
Southern Tool on Poplar Level Rd.
Harbor Freight (oh well) at Hikes and Bardstown
Woodcraft on Hurstbourne Ln.

Back