What's new
What's new

Lubrication question on Boyer Schultz surface grinder

PeterH48

Aluminum
I just picked up a Boyer Schultz 618-H surface grinder. It's almost impossible to find a manual for this machine. It is 1968 vintage. It has the fully hydraulic feed system on the table. Does anyone know what type of hyd oil is used on this machine. When I moved it, from bouncing around on my trailer, a little spilled out and it is red in color. I'm wondering if it is Dexron II ATF fluid. It also has a one-shot hand oiler like many Bridgeport mills have with lines that go to the lead screws and table ways. Anyone know what oil B&S recommended for that? Sure wish I could find a manual for it, or even one close to my model would be a big help.

I just picked up a Boyer Schultz 618-H surface grinder. It's almost impossible to find a manual for this machine. It is 1968 vintage. It has the fully hydraulic feed system on the table. Does anyone know what type of hyd oil is used on this machine. When I moved it, from bouncing around on my trailer, a little spilled out and it is red in color. I'm wondering if it is Dexron II ATF fluid. It also has a one-shot hand oiler like many Bridgeport mills have with lines that go to the lead screws and table ways. Anyone know what oil B&S recommended for that? Sure wish I could find a manual for it, or even one close to my model would be a big help.

Boyar Schultz Corp. - Publication Reprints | VintageMachinery.org This Link at vintage machinery looks like it has a few documents that might be of interest. The manual for the 6-12 has recommendations for that model in the lubrication chart, so that might be your best reference.

Back