What's new
What's new

Lubrication for Sermac Servian C0630B lathe

LeonW

Plastic
Hi,
I'm new to this forum. This is my first post.
I live in Australia and have just purchased a used Sermac Servian C30630B metal lathe manufactured by China National Machinery Import and Export Company. I bought it from a deceased estate so can't get any help from the previous owner.

I need to top up the oil in the headstock and in the feedbox. The manual recommends N0 7 or No 10 machine oil (50 degrees Celsius viscosity, 6-13 centistoke.) So why am I confused?

Can any one tell me what oil to use in the machine. My local engineering company said they use hydraulic oil in their lathes but I would like to be sure before I go ahead.

Can anyone help please.
cheers
LeonW

Hi Leon W, I have a china made TP-B1237 lathe and I'm using Totals Drosera MS68 oil for all my lube areas, bearings, bead ways, but any engineering oil with 68 number should do. It`s a sticky oil and stays in place. Cheers, homebrew.357.

Thanks Homebrew.357,
I'll see if I can find that oil locally.
I also saw a Youtube Video that recommended Shell Tellas S2M32 but it was for a different make of lathe.
any comments on that oil?
Cheers
LeonW

I don't know it but it`s probably ok, you are spoiled for choice with oils ,but as long as you do use some you will be ok. Check with the lathe sellers and see what they say is ok with the size lathe you have. Happy machining .

Back