What's new
What's new

Machine is not responding to feedrate programmed

ced_will

Plastic
My new to me 1988 Morie Seiki SL2B with a fanuc 15-T control is not responding to the feedrate in the program. It runs the program at whatever the feedrate OVR is on, it also run in IPM instead of IPR. I hope someone here can help me fix this problem.

G95 is IPR there may be a parameter that defaults to IPM but I’m not sure. Will your lathe thread right now?

I didn't try to run any threads, I'm sure it will not run any threads since its not using the the feedrate in the program. I try run a part off tool at .0001 feed and it was cutting at 5 IPM,where the feedrate ovr knob was.

My new to me 1988 Morie Seiki SL2B with a fanuc 15-T control is not responding to the feedrate in the program. It runs the program at whatever the feedrate OVR is on, it also run in IPM instead of IPR. I hope someone here can help me fix this problem.
did you check if G94 or G95 is in effect. often program will state one and not restate the other to put back in effect. reset press usually restates the default g and m codes thats normally set by parameters.
often a machine has a separate manual book on just parameter adjustments. sometimes maintenance department has it as they dont want operators changing parameters.

Hello ced_will,
G Code System A is the default for a Fanuc Lathe control. Accordingly, unless your machine used G Code System B, or C, G94/G95 will be irrelevant. Try programing G99 before any Feed Move is programmed. Its fairly common practice to include G99 in a Safety Block at the beginning of the program. It contains all G Codes that will place the control in a desired default state, such as cancel TNR Comp, correct unit type (Metric/Imperial) and Feed/Rev to name a few.

As red beard points out, Dry Run being active will give results similar to what you're experiencing. It slows rapids and sets the Feed Rate according to the Feed Rate Override dial.

Regards,

Bill

probably dry run is active.
i would not assume any cnc is in any particular setting or mode. people change parameters for what ever reason. i have seen machines where programs were changing from ipm to ipr over a dozen times in the program. i have seen cnc lathes in ipm mode. why ? cause last guy who adjusted parameters wanted it that way i assume.

probably dry run is active.
i would not assume any cnc is in any particular setting or mode. people change parameters for what ever reason. i have seen machines where programs were changing from ipm to ipr over a dozen times in the program. i have seen cnc lathes in ipm mode. why ? cause last guy who adjusted parameters wanted it that way i assume.

Then why would you suggest checking G94/G95, when Fanuc Lathe controls are overwhelmingly set to use G Code System A (G98/999 for Feed/Min and Feed/Rev respectively)?

Yes dry run was activated, it wasn't on the control so it took me some time to figure out where it was.

Program Edit Key Parameter.

Anyone here know which parameter disable the program edit key?

Back