What's new
What's new

Machine tables - Source other than American Grinding or Little Giant ?

Local fab shop should be able to make one.

Wave "premium priority" money, might get it in 2 or 3 days?

My "locali" - architectual steelyard, basically - wants 3 days just for vanilla rolled shapes cut to length, no real working involved.

"Before COVID", I could get stuff in a day, even with top-grade welding of the cut-to-shapes...but.

It ain't "pre-COVID" no more.

Shed my own welding gear a few years ago, they were that convenient, and that much better and faster at welding that I ever was. Why would they NOT be, doing it every day, all day?

NOW considering buying a new TiG & a torch set.

:(

Wave "premium priority" money, might get it in 2 or 3 days?

My "locali" - architectual steelyard, basically - wants 3 days just for vanilla rolled shapes cut to length, no real working involved.

"Before COVID", I could get stuff in a day, even with top-grade welding of the cut-to-shapes...but.

It ain't "pre-COVID" no more.

Shed my own welding gear a few years ago, they were that convenient, and that much better and faster at welding that I ever was. Why would they NOT be, doing it every day, all day?

NOW considering buying a new TiG & a torch set.

:(

A couple of local fab shops I use, I see these tables being made all the time
by them.
These are simple fab shops, no catalog, etc. They repair weld, make new to print, everything and anything types of places.

I will guess they do not maintain an inventory and will produce only when they have an order. This is common practice in that industry. If you want it sooner, be prepared to pay premium money at a local fab shop.

A couple of local fab shops I use, I see these tables being made all the time
by them.
These are simple fab shops, no catalog, etc. They repair weld, make new to print, everything and anything types of places.

Yes, and the prices are even reasonable.

US dollar just don't buy as much as it did when I first dealt with this same outfit, 1989.

In a way (fixed income of declining purchasing power. Or at least the part I try to limit meself to spending), that makes my own "spare time" or "free labour" more valuable as well.

UN..fortunately.. it doesn't increase the also declining supply of it!

Catch 22? Nah. Just age.

Still beats the Hell out of the alternative, though!

I'm good wit' dat'.

I can't be bothered getting the damned COVID tests to allow me to go to Hell without a quarantine anyway.

Back