What's new
What's new

Machine tool pushbutton light replacements - all "miniature" lamps the same spec ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Machine tool pushbutton light replacements - all "miniature" lamps the same spec ?

Dimensions and threads wise ? (if threaded style of course) McMaster has them but none in voltage I need...I need 120 volts. The one at below link is a rip price wise but if it will for sure work I'll go for it. Machine bulb is on is Taiwanese so metric threads probably right.

Bulb for Miniature Lamp 977 Lamp 120VOLTS 2 4WATTS | eBay

Annoying in the sense I have boxes and boxes of miniature lamps in various voltages already (including 120 and ultra rare 240 !) but they are all bayonet type bases.

The lamp (bulb) noted is a E10 based lamp. Other than the one noted, I have not found any others at 120 volts. Are you sure it is 120 volt? Most miniture lamps in that size are 24 volt or less and use a transformer on the back of the lamp holder.

Tom

The lamp (bulb) noted is a E10 based lamp. Other than the one noted, I have not found any others at 120 volts. Are you sure it is 120 volt? Most miniture lamps in that size are 24 volt or less and use a transformer on the back of the lamp holder.
There are no markings on the original lamp whatsoever so I measured the voltage inside the lamp receptacle.

As an aside, a greater surprise for that sort of thing are Alzmetall drill presses which use a similar size lamp for their pushbuttons (but with bayonet mount) that are 240 volts !)

If you get a LED bulb they often are rated at a wide spread of voltage. Many LED four foot florescent tube replacements are rated something like 100-240 volts.
Bill D.

Tom

If you look at the last link in my post the specs list it as 2.40W, 120V, E10 Miniature Screw Base 10mm dia., bulb shape T3.25.

The price is 1.99 each in 10pc quantities.

If you look at the last link in my post the specs list it as 2.40W, 120V, E10 Miniature Screw Base 10mm dia., bulb shape T3.25.

The price is 1.99 each in 10pc quantities.
The slight catch is their shipping is a total ripoff at $10.95 ups ground

FWIW, I bought five bulbs from the eBay seller. They screw in perfectly... but was surprised how dim they are (I tried 3 of them) Took panel apart and confirmed voltage absolutely 120 to the socket and is correct via a voltage sticker on the back of the socket assembly as well. And the bulbs have 120V pressed in the metal stems, so they are not wrong voltage.

But what I didn't consider is the wattage....which is only 1.5 watts on these. But then, on bulbs meant for panel illumination I've never had to consider the wattage before...one just assumes they are of course appropriate wattage for the appropriate brightness needed for a panel button light. But these are not...too dim...can barely tell the damn thing is on with shop lights on.

So then one wonders, well..what the heck would be the appropriate wattage for proper lumens on one of these...anyone know ?

==============

(on edit)

I just noticed the bulbs were advertised as 2.4 watts.... and yet what I got is clearly labeled 1.5 watts....wonder what the seller will have to say about that ? And then I wonder what on earth would use a bulb that is so dim...i.e. why were 1.5 watt bulbs made in the first place ?

Back