Machinery gray spray paint - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tractor supply paint has Ford gray and Massey Ferguson gray which can match delta woodworking gray.
    BTW: What is the difference between gray and grey paint.
    Bil lD.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Tractor supply paint has Ford gray and Massey Ferguson gray which can match delta woodworking gray.
    BTW: What is the difference between gray and grey paint.
    Bil lD.
    Gray and grey are sort of like color and colour, but the distinction is actually more complex. Both spellings were used in England for many years, but the current usage is that Americans favor gray and other English speakers favor grey. But either is considered correct. So you could say there is a difference or you could say there is no difference. Pick one, or ignore it.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Reminds me of searching for sanding disks or discs. About half the ebay sellers use only one or the other. The professionals use both in their titles.
    Bill D

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Glossy Grey has a lustre, while Glossy Gray has a luster. She thinks my lathe is sexy...

If you're turning English threads, always your workpiece between centres...

And if you're in the USA, it's unwise to lift your Lorry's bonnet and check for positive earth...
    - Last time I did, she punched me right in the nose.

5. Likes cyanidekid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In America Lucas is considered a good thing. The reverse is true in Britain.
    Is Darth Vader the Prince of Darkness or is it Joseph Lucas?
    Bill D

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In America Lucas is considered a good thing. The reverse is true in Britain.
    Bill D
    since when is Lucas considered a good thing in "America"? the Prince of Darkness is well known 'round the world...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He is a home town boy who made good. His sister was mayor for a while several years ago.
    Bil lD

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I’m a Lucas and really good too. You can even ask my first wife. I contacted her on a lark after 42 years and the first thing she did was apologize for the way she treated ME! Four kids, five husbands later, WOW!

Back to that grey Rustoleum. At Lucas Electric our trucks were bright red. However the interior custom wood shelving and anything else we painted was Rustoleum grey. Lots and lots of Rustoleum grey!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bill D
    Golly, Bill... I'd hafta say I've been struck by Joseph's Dark Saber more oft than Vader's Light Saber!

My uncle had a Triumph triple in his collection that he warned me 'not' to use the electric turn signals... I'm not sure how it came to be that I was granted duty as ground-path for some aspect of the ignition system... but I'll NEVER make that mistake again...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used to be a SW paint dealer in the 70's.At that time there were more than a few different Navy grays.It depended which shipyard the paint came from and SW had formulas for them.

When I worked in a Chevy dealership one of the body men asked me for a can of medium gloss black paint.I usually had gloss and flat but only had some marked universal black.
    I gave it to him and he got indignant and said he had to have medium gloss.I told him see the dot below the nozzle,turn the nozzle to the right and its flat,turn to the left its gloss and aim it to to the dot its simi gloss.

"No shit ,its about time they came up that" he said as he went merrily on his way.I would have liked to hear what some of the other body men told him.

12. Likes DaveKamp liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have had discussion on several types of paint here. So, Clear and Gray WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluechipx View Post
    Try this. Mix one quart of clear with three quarts of gray, it dries with a great shiny gloss that looks better than new. I've done it with and without and there is no comparison.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ratbldr427 View Post
    I used to be a SW paint dealer in the 70's.At that time there were more than a few different Navy grays.It depended which shipyard the paint came from and SW had formulas for them.

When I worked in a Chevy dealership one of the body men asked me for a can of medium gloss black paint.I usually had gloss and flat but only had some marked universal black.
    I gave it to him and he got indignant and said he had to have medium gloss.I told him see the dot below the nozzle,turn the nozzle to the right and its flat,turn to the left its gloss and aim it to to the dot its simi gloss.

"No shit ,its about time they came up that" he said as he went merrily on his way.I would have liked to hear what some of the other body men told him.
    Did you also tell him to shake it until it stopped rattling?

15. Likes DaveKamp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

battleship grey . they had no idea how long wars would persist . made much more than they could use.

same as bullets... ever wonder why 30-06 is the most popular hunting cartridge? not 308 or 300 ? .
    the M-1 rifle used 30-06 , and there was a huge surplus.