What's new
What's new

machinist t-shirts

Those are nice. I wouldn't wear one though. Not my style to begin with and if I broadcast what I do, then everybody wants me to make custom rifle and bike parts. Or fix farmer Brown's tractor. All of that should be charity work as well.

if I broadcast what I do, then everybody wants me to make custom rifle and bike parts. Or fix farmer Brown's tractor. All of that should be charity work as well.

Your right I didn't think of that!!

Every time someone finds out what I do the next sentence starts with "do you think you could make me...."

haha they're not my style either really but I'd wear the stupid one every time I had to go see the CAD Tech to tell him his drawings are wrong ;)

Oh, man, I would rock the "Can't fix stupid" one.

My current favorite shirt to wear to work reads "I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you."

Half my coworkers don't get it.

I always thought it was this one:

LET-ME-DROP-EVERYTHING-AND-WORK-ON-YOUR-PROBLEM_42.jpg

How about "Machinists Make Better Screws"
I don't worry about people knowing what I do , as soon as they find out how much to fix "that" - usual response is Ill let you know, and they never get back to me!

As usual, no pocket! I have quite a few shirts I don't wear because they don't have a pocket. I always have pencils, pen, marker, scribe, and sometime a 6" scale in a protector in my shirt pocket. I feel naked without my "tool Box", as one friend calls it. I am always sketching a "cartoon" of some device or tool to make and often add dimensions to the cartoon or making notes for future use.
Also use the pocket to hold receipts when I stop for fuel. I keep track of mileage, especially for the Motorcycle.
Other than that, I'd wear a shirt with such messages. Some I wear have much more graphic sayings. I stay out of public as much as I can for personal reasons, so some of my shirts are not for public consumption. I am one of the people your mothers warned about!

How about "Machinists Make Better Screws"
I don't worry about people knowing what I do , as soon as they find out how much to fix "that" - usual response is Ill let you know, and they never get back to me!

Wait, people understand what you do?

I say "I'm a machinist" and I'm either met with a blank stare or I get "Oh, you work on cars!".

I carry around a (rather intricate) piece of scrap on my keyring so I can pull it out and show people. "I make shit out of metal."

As usual, no pocket! I have quite a few shirts I don't wear because they don't have a pocket. I always have pencils, pen, marker, scribe, and sometime a 6" scale in a protector in my shirt pocket. I feel naked without my "tool Box", as one friend calls it. I am always sketching a "cartoon" of some device or tool to make and often add dimensions to the cartoon or making notes for future use.
Also use the pocket to hold receipts when I stop for fuel. I keep track of mileage, especially for the Motorcycle.
Other than that, I'd wear a shirt with such messages. Some I wear have much more graphic sayings. I stay out of public as much as I can for personal reasons, so some of my shirts are not for public consumption. I am one of the people your mothers warned about!

Have you heard of wearing an apron that has pockets?

I have a Mazak Lanyard I keep my keys on and a Makino hat.

I like Machine Tool apparel. I just can't find a place to buy em.

I have a Mazak Lanyard I keep my keys on and a Makino hat.

I like Machine Tool apparel. I just can't find a place to buy em.

I get all sorts of Citizen schwag for free.

Of course, the company is spending millions on their machines/service. :D

I carry around a (rather intricate) piece of scrap on my keyring so I can pull it out and show people. "I make shit out of metal."

that's an awesome idea! Would save so much time explaining!

Might have to see what I can knock up. It could take off. Ultimate machinist keyring challenge. Haha.

Have to admit it.... I may have ordered the "I cant fix stupid" tee...

Haha. I am equally as lost when for whatever reason I don't have my work trousers, they have to have some handy knee and leg pockets for pens and rules and bits and bobs.

Back