What's new
What's new

Machinning Tips for the best quality out of AISI 1024 & 304

pm.amaral

Plastic
Hello people! I've start my master's project a few weeks ago and so im going to start the experimental journey very soon.

My goal here is making some normalized (AS -18) speciems out of 200x300 chip plates with 8 mm of thickness.

To acomplished that i will divide my process plan into steps:

1st step: Face Mill 1 or 2 sides untill i get the 6mm thickness ( normalized speciem thickness wanted)with a 5 flute santvik tool: r245-63q22-12m

2nd step: Contour outline path with some G01 and G02 interpolations with a End Mill cutter of 3 flutes: Product Selector | Catalogue

3rd step: Slot Rough milling (Interior of the plate to define the speciemns geometry with the same end mill cutter of 3 flutes (sames as 2nd step)Product Selector | 5 Internal Server Error

I already did the most of the code by hand because im limited with the laboratory equipment, i got a vertical milling center from Leadwell, the Max Spindle alowed is 6000 RPM and not recomended to use for obvious reasons.

I will ask for some insights of cutting paramemters (S,Vf,Vc) for each material and step im about to roll.

Thanks in Advance, Pedro

Attachments

• desenho chapa.jpg
    desenho chapa.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 34

Back